Gilboa Dec 10th,11th ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy43068:
I didn't hear a thing! No wait, wait... Yeah, that's it! I'm hearing someone, yeah it's speedhound coughing and sniffling. Sounds like he's catching pneumonia! :)

B*ll*cks! :D I'm as healthy as anyone...at least physically.Mentally we could start a whole new thread, but it doesn't make me a bad (or a wussy "won't dive cold and wet") person!! :wink:

Jchoby:
Randy..they just don't cut you a break do they? I too did not to the mega-cold stuff until I went dry.

Hope all is well with you and yours... We'll see around the quarries...

Cheers

JC

You're just lucky I didn't know you then.........:wink:

speedhound:
B*ll*cks! :D I'm as healthy as anyone...at least physically.Mentally we could start a whole new thread, but it doesn't make me a bad (or a wussy "won't dive cold and wet") person!! :wink:

Randy, please take note of Spellhounds sig line..........hehehe

We're gonna get you wet yet this winter!

pennypue:
Randy, please take note of Spellhounds sig line..........hehehe

We're gonna get you wet yet this winter!

Can't resist to comment...

Don't let everyone kid you Randy- - As Brian and I were driving up progressively became all the more "jokingly serious" especially after heading North of Columbus (it really would have been easy to pick you up...) tears started coming out of my eyes about 30 minutes away from Gilboa when we noticed a pair of "fools" that were ice fishing.

It was the coldest I've ever dove (not saying much especially in light of only been diving for a year), and I believe it was the coldest Brian has ever dove...

If it weren't for the heated bath house I don't think we could have convinced Brian that it was ok...

That said- - without a doubt it was a good dive and as always particularly good to see everyone and get under the water! and I fully (fooly?) expect to be doing it again soon!

ohhh and I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect Penny was way to pre-occupied with her buddies crotch strap and wouldn't have been able to do air share drills with you anyway.... :D

As far as getting wet again- - anyone interested in Florida Feb 17th time frame? What better location to practice those drills and kick back for a weekend??!?? Get enough people, maybe we could rent a bus or something... now wouldn't that be interesting.... Netmage- - you have room for us at your apartment?

Head cold is now just about gone BTW....:wink:

Dave

caverdave:

Don't let everyone kid you Randy- - As Brian and I were driving up progressively became all the more "jokingly serious" especially after heading North of Columbus (it really would have been easy to pick you up...) tears started coming out of my eyes about 30 minutes away from Gilboa when we noticed a pair of "fools" that were ice fishing.

It was the coldest I've ever dove (not saying much especially in light of only been diving for a year), and I believe it was the coldest Brian has ever dove...

If it weren't for the heated bath house I don't think we could have convinced Brian that it was ok...

That said- - without a doubt it was a good dive and as always particularly good to see everyone and get under the water! and I fully (fooly?) expect to be doing it again soon!

ohhh and I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect Penny was way to pre-occupied with her buddies crotch strap and wouldn't have been able to do air share drills with you anyway.... :D

As far as getting wet again- - anyone interested in Florida Feb 17th time frame? What better location to practice those drills and kick back for a weekend??!?? Get enough people, maybe we could rent a bus or something... now wouldn't that be interesting.... Netmage- - you have room for us at your apartment?

Head cold is now just about gone BTW....:wink:

Dave

Still checking on whether or not I can get any days off for that weekend. Otherwise I'm only off for Sat, Sun and Monday. Not sure if that's enough time to take cavern or even for a quickie dive trip!!!!

I'll let you know when I know something.

caverdave:

tears started coming out of my eyes about 30 minutes away from Gilboa when we noticed a pair of "fools" that were ice fishing.

But I still did it, it still counts as a dive:jump3: in a wetsuit with air temps at 22°F, water at 43°F, and ice fishermen just minutes away!! :D

speedhound:
But I still did it, it still counts as a dive:jump3: in a wetsuit with air temps at 22°F, water at 43°F, and ice fishermen just minutes away!! :D

Kudos! Kudos!

...you were inspirational!! I didn't think it could be done without the suit freezing solid by the time you reached the top of the hill!! :D

{...make sure you stress how easy it was so Randy will come out to play next time!!}

wb416:
Kudos! Kudos!

...you were inspirational!! I didn't think it could be done without the suit freezing solid by the time you reached the top of the hill!! :D

{...make sure you stress how easy it was so Randy will come out to play next time!!}

Thank you, thank you!
It was really not that bad at all {Randy}, quite enjoyable {Randy}! Suit freeze? Didn't notice that at all {Randy}. With a dark wetsuit, in sunshine, at high speed, it wasn't even a possibility {Randy}. It was great to meet you all {where was Randy?} We will have to do it again soon {Randy?}:D

caverdave:

Dave

Come on down... I have a small couch and plenty of floorspace in the living room and a spare bedroom.... Just keep that crotch strap talk up north... There will be none of 'that' going on down here.... :fruit:

Back
Top Bottom