Gilboa Aug 6-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave I was there early in the summer (End of May I think) and it was very cold mid 40's and couldnt see your hand in front of your face at depth. Hold to hold on to buddies tank to keep track of each other. Viz was good around from the shore to the frito truck at the entrance. Anything past the frito truck was like finding a needle in the haystack.

Dave I was there early in the summer (End of May I think) and it was very cold mid 40's and couldnt see your hand in front of your face at depth. Hold to hold on to buddies tank to keep track of each other. Viz was good around from the shore to the frito truck at the entrance. Anything past the frito truck was like finding a needle in the haystack.

Yeah, this is what I have been hearing...

I think it was better last year.

Even though it is close to me, I have not dived there yet.

PADI DM.
Doing our rescue scenario. The equipment exchange went well. I'm building up for the endurance swim, so should be ready for that in a couple of weeks.

Wow! I didn't see that coming. Good luck! Are you going to DM for the shop, are you planning to become an instructor, or are you doing it for personal reasons?

OK ... thanks for hijacking my thread guys :wink: ... Now, back on topic, is anyone diving at Gilboa this coming Sat-Sun Aug 6-7? :D

I would, but I am bringing my new dive bud out. My 11 y/o daughter. These will be her first dives out of a class and I think somewhere quiet would be best for first trip.
AL248005: I just checked the log- was 48 @ 36 feet 22 May when we where there, vis sucked.

PADI DM.
Doing our rescue scenario. The equipment exchange went well. I'm building up for the endurance swim, so should be ready for that in a couple of weeks.

:eek:fftopic:
Wow! I'm with Jim. I wouldn't have expected that as a reply. And PADI nontheless!!!

I didn't think PADI was anywhere near DIR enough for you. :baaa:

All kidding aside, what made the decision for you to go down this path? Oh, and this doesn't mean that its OK for you to show up at Meet and Greet with students and classes to work in. :wink:

:focus:

Sorry Jim for the continued off topic posts. Wish I could be diving with you this weekend.

Hi there - Back on topic, I'd like to join you this Saturday; I started diving this year but haven't been to Gilboa before, and looking forward to seeing what it's like. If that works, I can meet you when you arrive on Saturday - let me know where and how to find you.

Jim just got the nix on diving this weekend.
I have been out diving all but one weekend and my wife thinks I should be at home.
I can not trump her on this one because she has allowed me extreme latitude this season.
I am really disappointed as I was looking forward to getting some dives with you!
Bummer!
I will talk to you soon.

Cam

I'll be there around 9:00 am; Hope to get in at least one dive before it gets all kicked up. We might have to move to the deep side for better viz. Mrneglet, we try to stage around the last floating platform; drive back until you come to the last portapotty. I'll be driving a white Prius with "Mr. Wiz" on the plate. See you guys then.

Thanks guys, but without any takers for Sunday I think I'll stay local instead. I was ultimately hoping to line up buddies for Sat, Sat night and Sun. Without that, it's not really worth the cost of the 3h+ drive.

I'll see everyone at the Fall M&G.

Back
Top Bottom