Gift card fraud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From an email hubby sent:

The Bad Guys have found a way to rob you of your gift card balance.
If you buy Gift Cards from a display rack available at various retail stores, you may become a victim of theft.
Crooks are now jotting down the card numbers in the store. They then wait a few days and call to see how much of a balance THEY have on the card. Once they find the card is "activated", they go online and start shopping.
If you buy Gift Cards, you may want to purchase your card from a customer service person, where Gift Cards are not viewable by the public.
Share this with all your family and friends...

Snopes verified.

Ber :lilbunny:

It's not fraud, but be sure to read the fine print on the card agreement. Many retailers remove a monthly service fee from unused cards. It is totally legal, but sometimes a bit of a suprise for the comsumer.

OOPs! missed that link, Ber! Glad you verified it too. I just *love* getting those emails that warn me of impending diaster if I do this or that only to have to debunked at snopes.

Back
Top Bottom