Gidds v. The Drysuit Round I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds:
Silence! :mad:
If I don't like it you can say "I told you so" since we all know how much guys would LIKE to say that phrase but RARELY get to say it :devil:
Refer to avatar for natural hair color :mad:

RUN Diesel RUN! This one has trouble in her signature! Don't say that I didn't warn you!

Now the question is what are you going to do for gloves when the water temp is 34 F. I have about 6 pairs of mitts that I have experimented with gluing and sealing, and haven't found the solution. During our winter Beavertail dives at least I neaver had to leave due to a breached dry glove but always had numb hands at the end of the dive. I'm still looking for the ultimate non bulky -dry system glove. The gloves with seals cost around $80 and if the seal breaks has to be replaced. I'de like to make a nice pair of gloves/mitts with neoprene seals. Most likely mitts.

RI Oceanographer dives with Bare Mitts and if his hands are colder than mine was on our Folley cove dive (he also dives year round), I may venture towards a pair of the Bare mitts. I also hear the European Posiedon and scuba pro Mitts are good also but have to order them overseas. If I shake this sinus cold/flu or what ever I have, I'll be back out thre soon.

the poseidon mist are great i need to get a set for myself...and the dextarity (sp) is pretty good too)
ive tried the Henderson gold core mits but there such a pita to get on by yourself, and the dextarity is horrable..
but they are warm even in Jan and feb water temmps

Gidds:
Silence! :mad:
If I don't like it you can say "I told you so" since we all know how much guys would LIKE to say that phrase but RARELY get to say it :devil:
Refer to avatar for natural hair color :mad:

Gidds... Just wanted to let you know I've been reading this and giggling like mad - I love the way you're handling these guys and for the record...you're not alone - there *is* another female drysuit diver around here. Let me know if you want to commiserate some day about how much it sucks that they don't make decent pee valves for us. Big congrats on the new suit! :D

Praise the scuba gods! Somebody to share my extreme pee-valve envy with! :D

Gidds:
Praise the scuba gods! Somebody to share my extreme pee-valve envy with! :D

HEY.
i dont use a pee valve.

if i can do it you can do it

Silence male! The male bladder is 3x the size of the female bladder so I don't want to hear about it.

Gidds:
Silence male! The male bladder is 3x the size of the female bladder so I don't want to hear about it.
that just means more room for beer :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom