Gidds v. The Drysuit Round I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds:
Do you know what kind of germs grow in thier mouths? :yuck:

I read in Alert Diver about "Seal Finger." Fishermen would cut their fingers off because the pain was so great and the infection so bad after having a seal encounter.

Let's go somewhere and touch Great Whites on the nose as they come up to chomp on the boat motor, now THAT looks like FUN! :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I'm not gonna TOUCH the shark (or the nasty bitey seal for that matter), I just wanna look at it :wink:

I want a tooth :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

I'll say this: when I finally do get to go shark diving it won't be in my precious drysuit :wink:

I didn't try to TOUCH the seal...nor did any of the seals ever try to get within touching range of my hands. That one just nibbled on my fin and then stayed down near my foot for a minute or so. However, none of the 5 or 6 seals that I got to see ever came within "touching" distance and frankly, I wouldn't have tried to touch them for any reason (even if it weren't illegal).

I'm a non-touchy kind of diver....There are *very* few things I'll touch - lobster being one of the few (and even then I'm kind of a chicken - I like knowing I can get them without the pain part of it)

:::sigh - preparing for a sound mocking:::

Don't you need to go polish some part of your jeep or install some doohickey?

I am only a "touchey" diver up here. I pick up crabs and sea stars and things, or I poke fish to get them to move so my buddy can see them. I NEVER touch anything in warm water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom