Giant Squid Filmed Live!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig Baumann:
Today around the world (Bigfoot is not simply confined to the mountains of N. California, Oregon, Washington state and British Columbia) sightings average one per week.

he's sort of like Visa.... everywhere you want to be

Pete, that joke sucked dude... but i still laughed

i've had my quota of arguments this week, so i am bowing out of the penchant the Japanese seem to have for killing things in order to admire them

H2Andy:
he's sort of like Visa.... everywhere you want to be

Pete, that joke sucked dude... but i still laughed

i've had my quota of arguments this week, so i am bowing out of the penchant the Japanese seem to have for killing things in order to admire them
My experience in Nippon is that after admiration comes consumption.

Craig Baumann:
Today around the world (Bigfoot is not simply confined to the mountains of N. California, Oregon, Washington state and British Columbia) sightings average one per week.

And there are over 1 million reported Elvis sightings per year (world-wide)*.

-Ben M.

*Documented by Eastern Washington University professors in 2000. Read about it in Doug Clark's "Elvis sightings paint The King in humble light". Spokesman Review, Spokane, WA. Aug 17, 2000.

i understand they taste like ammonia ... so...

no thanks

It would be quite a feet to keep this animail on display.

But they are not attempting to capture this animal for display. It was on a hook and pull up on a winch.

I personally do not call this viable footage. This animal although alive is on the deck of a vessel that eventually killed. I would consider clips of it hunting, mating, eating, brooding etc would get the funding dollars they seek.

airsix:
And there are over 1 million reported Elvis sightings per year (world-wide)*.
Almost as many "H2Andy" sightings right here on this board! :D

NetDoc:
Almost as many "H2Andy" sightings right here on this board! :D

Is BigFoot for real?

Is ANDY for real?

Some things remain a mystery! :wink:

To be a LITTLE on topic, pulling a creature up from three thousand feet is kinda rude!

And comparing BigFoot to the giant squid is like comparing Martians to H2OAndy! :D

RonFrank:
Is ANDY for real?

ok, this is gone too far ... it is time to reveal, the H2Andiness to the world ...

i am, in fact, the 19th reincarnation (some would say the 218th) of the Supreme Consciousness ... sort of like the Uber Krishna (hare hare, krishna hare) ... or perhaps a combination of the Catholic Pope and the Dalai Llama ... but since i was born a Baptist, a Protestant Alpaca...

that's it ... I am the Protestant Alpaca, come to show you all the peace that passeth all understanding (shanti, shanti, shanti).

i have come to tell you all, come to tell you all
it's a lot better to put on your fins leaning on the wall

they who have ears to hear, let them hear the H2Andiness within themselves

I hate to sound so darn serious. After all, who really cares if Bigfoot is real or not? I suppose however, we could ask the same question of anything people have seen, or had profound experiences with... Is God real? Are ghosts real? ESP - some kind of sixth sense, is it possible that could be real?

In the case of Bigfoot, hundreds, perhaps thousands of people have seen them. In the 1890s, an Ape Boy was captured in Alberta, CA and displayed on a road (freak) show. There's plenty of other evidence also, numerous videos, hundreds of plaster casts of footprints scientifically proven to have come from bipedal beings of a weight between 400 and 750 lbs, shrieking sounds at night recorded and determined to come from unknown origin, hair samples unidentified.

As I said before, unless you have spent time in, or near the mountains and forests in the Pacific Northwest, it's difficult to imagine how things can exist out there without detection. When someone gets lost in the wilderness here however, remember it's very difficult to find them, even when they leave clues as to where they are, leave notes about their plans and several hundred volunteers, helicopters, special airplanes with heat sensing equipment and every other form of modern technology enters into a search. As far as comparing Bigfoot to the giant squid - heck, I think it's a good comparison. Giant squid left plenty of evidence they were real but it was only a decade or so ago one finally washed up on the shore. They live in a difficult area to search and in my opinion both the squid and Bigfoot, should be left alone.

In order to protect the species if it is real, the fewer people that believe in Bigfoot, the better. I will continue to believe from things I've read, things I've seen and from my own experiences in the Oregon wilderness, that Bigfoot is not only possible, they are probable. I'm not here to convince anyone they should follow my feelings on this issue, but if anyone should care to ask about it I am as you can tell, more than happy to talk about it.

Be well...

PROTECT BIGFOOT!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom