Ghost Ship Festival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't want anyone to forget...

I just wish their web site was up so we could register!

I got my mailing the other day

Oldpirate:
I just wish their web site was up so we could register!

I got my mailing the other day

I emailed them to see if I could get some information about schedules and such. They should have had it up and running way before now. Also, I didn't realize that the show was running Friday and Saturday. That is not a good thing but I am waiting until I hear from them with actual dates and times before I make a decision. When they used to do Saturday and Sunday shows, Saturday was the big day and sunday was the day that everyone packed up and thinned out before 10:00 am and headed home. I won't be able to make it up on Friday, early enough to enjoy the show so Saturday will be the day to drive up and watch everyone pack up and call it a weekend. If that is the case I will have to re-think this one. When I get an update I will post it.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

This is what I got from them. They seem to be having web problems, which doesn't sound good. Hope it doesn't hurt the show too much...

2006 Ghost Ships Schedule – As of 1/30/2006

3/24/2006 Friday Evening – 5:00pm-8:00pm

9:00 pm -4:00pm – PSI Inspector program – Pre Registration
Lafayette Room

5:00 pm - 8:00pm – Ghost Ships Opens - Exhibitors & Social

7:30pm - 8:30pm – Kimm A Stabelfeldt – “The Wreck of the Brig Mahoning”
Grand Ballroom West

9:00pm - 10:00pm – Social at Scooter’s Sports Bar

3/25/2006 Saturday – 8:00am-7:00pm

8:00am – Show Opens / Exhibits Open to Public

9:00am – Silent Auction Begins

9:00am - 9:30am – GLSRF Opening Announcement
Grand Ballroom West

9:30am - 10:15am – WORKSHOP 1 SLOT
Grand Ballroom Central

9:30am - 10:15am – Kimm A Stabelfeldt – “GLSRF Field work 2005 with the WHS”
Grand Ballroom West

9:30am - 10:15am – Jerry Guyer – “4 New Wrecks – 2005 was another good year for finding new shipwrecks
in the Milwaukee area”
Grand Ballroom East

10:45am - 11:45am – “Shipwreck Hunting 101” – Pre Registration Only
Grand Ballroom Center

10:30am - 11:15am – Ken Marrymen & Jerry Eliason – Exploring the Benjamin Noble
Grand Ballroom West

10:30am - 11:15am – Mikel Esher - “Wreck of the Steamer Muskego”
Grand Ballroom East

11:30 - 12:30 – Lunch Break

12:00pm - 1:00pm – WORKSHOP 3 SLOT
Grand Ballroom Central

12:30pm - 1:15pm – Rick Kruzel – “Wreck of the Freighter Northwind”
Grand Ballroom West

12:30pm - 1:15pm – Keith Meverden - The Apex of Wooden Shipbuilding: The Great Lakes Wooden Bulk Carrier Appomattox.
Grand Ballroom East

1:15pm - 2:15pm – WORKSHOP 4 SLOT
Grand Ballroom Central

1:30pm - 2:15pm – Jay Hanson - Shipwreck Diving Minnesota’s North Shore & Isle Royale.
Grand Ballroom West

1:30pm - 2:15pm – Dr. Richard Boyd & Robert Duchrow – “The Dark Voyage of the Steamer Vernon”
Grand Ballroom East

2:30pm – 3:30pm – WORKSHOP 5 SLOT
Grand Ballroom Central

2:30pm - 3:15pm – Peter Sickman-Garner – “The Cedarville Conspiracy”
Grand Ballroom West

2:30pm - 3:15pm – Robert Schaefer – “The Last Flight of N5360F”
Grand Ballroom East

3:15pm - 4:00pm – Afternoon Break

3:45pm - 4:45pm – “Shipwreck Hunting 101” – Pre Registration Only
Grand Ballroom Center

4:00pm – 4:45pm – Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates – “Icebound: Found! The ordeal of the S. S. Michigan”
Grand Ballroom West

4:00pm – 4:45pm – Stan Stock – “The Defiance Revisited”
Grand Ballroom East

5:00pm – 6:00pm – WORKSHOP 7 SLOT
Grand Ballroom Central

5:00pm - 5:45pm – Open - Jim Jarecki & Rodger Barski – “A survey of Chicago’s submerged cultural resources”
Grand Ballroom West

5:00pm - 5:45pm – Open – Frederick Stonehouse – “Lost on Lake Superior: Shipwrecks Still Missing”
Grand Ballroom East

5:00pm – Silent Auction Ends
Exhibit Hall

6:00pm – Silent Auction Winners Posted
Pre-Function Area

6:30pm - 7:00pm – Raffle
Grand Ballroom West & East

7:00pm – Show Closes

8:00pm - 10:00pm – Social at Scooter’s Sports Bar

I hope you're all planning to come to Milwaukee this weekend for the Ghostships Festival?

Checkout: http://www.ghost-ships.org/ghostships/

My group (Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates) will be there presenting our discovery of the SS Michigan, which we located in Lake Michigan in June 2005. She sank in 1885 after a 40 day orderal stuck in the ice.

MSRA also located (or re-located, since we believe it was found by a salvor in the 80s) the car ferry Ann Arbor no. 5 during the 2005 search season.

Our part of the show is at 4:00 PM Saturday, plus we'll have an exhibit booth all weekend.

I hope to see all you cold water divers at Ghostships this weekend, March 24-25 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Oldpirate:
I hope you're all planning to come to Milwaukee this weekend for the Ghostships Festival?

Checkout: http://www.ghost-ships.org/ghostships/

My group (Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates) will be there presenting our discovery of the SS Michigan, which we located in Lake Michigan in June 2005. She sank in 1885 after a 40 day orderal stuck in the ice.

MSRA also located (or re-located, since we believe it was found by a salvor in the 80s) the car ferry Ann Arbor no. 5 during the 2005 search season.

Our part of the show is at 4:00 PM Saturday, plus we'll have an exhibit booth all weekend.

I hope to see all you cold water divers at Ghostships this weekend, March 24-25 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Alas, I will be at the Underwater Archaeological Society of Chicago's booth during that time so I can watch our presentation on Chicagolands wreck wealth at 5:00...fill me in on the details later...ok? ...Actually, I think I have seen the film a few times already, and can attest that it is well worth watching! Who did you hire to do all that great acting??

Back
Top Bottom