Getting your buddies attention while underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put my left hand into a fist and have my right hand completely open. Bang on the fist (on the flat part where your thumb and pointer finger meet) with the very center of my right hand. If you do it right it makes a pretty loud sound underwater.

I'm a tank banger except with the hearing impared.

Both my buddies stay where I can reach over and touch them although one of them, who shall remain nameless, gets poked in the shoulder or swatted more the the other. I was thinking about getting one of those quakers my instructor had when I was first trained.

Gidds:
Both my buddies stay where I can reach over and touch them although one of them, who shall remain nameless, gets poked in the shoulder or swatted more the the other. I was thinking about getting one of those quakers my instructor had when I was first trained.

Quaker? Like one of those Amish people? He had a Quaker oats guy come down to alert his students??????:huh:

It's a device which simulates an earthquake underwater. Very commonly used by lobsta divers since they can seldom see their buddies who have been made deaf by years of tank/head banging. You can find at Leisurepro for $2.95...

LMAO, quacker :blush: I wasn't wearing my glasses when I wrote that and I'd just woken up.
BTW Quakers aren't even remotely like the Amish and all the Quakers I know are actually pretty loud so they might be good for buddy signalling :wink:

I'd like to find a signaling device that sounds like an orca. I figure it would be sure to get my buddy's attention (not to mention that of any harbor seals in the vicinity) ... :scared:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was going to use blondes. They squeak when you squeeze them.

Simulated EARTHQUAKE underwater??? Oh, please Gidds, get a good light instead. I like the peacefulness underwater. :wink: The amount of times you see things, that is all I'd hear for the entire dive!!!

Back
Top Bottom