Getting started in vintage diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And my sincere apologies to Doc Ed for Highjacking his thread. Not nice:no:

Why gee howdy fellers, how's the water?
Picture2002-22.jpg

Beat it pops. Divin ain't for old folks like you. You've got to be in top shape for stuff like this.
Picture2001-25.jpg

Who in top shape now, whipper snapper!
Picture2003-15.jpg

Ahh... if rigs could talk. No UW camera for me this time but my friend may send me some pics he took. Edmonds underwater marine park, Edmonds WA. 44*F. 58 minutes. Had to cold cock a Cabazone who got a little too fresh with me :no:

Ed, the labels still there. +1

And my sincere apologies to Doc Ed for Highjacking his thread. Not nice:no:

No apologies necessary :D We're all learning here :D

I was thinking about what you wrote - that you threaded the cam through the plate instead, but that the STA was still getting in the way... Have you tried removing the STA itself? I used to set-up my plate that way before - you'll find that the tank remains relatively stable. Now if it was the top of the plate that's hitting... well, as ZKY said, there's always the Freedom plate :D

@ Dale: Nice to see my twin over there! :D What adhesive did you use to stick your plate on?

I'm going to remove it for my next dive this weekend. And YES, I'm definitely going to get the Freedom Plate.

But for me, it's baby steps. My hubby isn't thrilled with "I'm going to get rid of the BC" discussion. I'll also need to adapt my wing when I dive from a charter. I know how they feel, NO BC, NO DIVEY. So, I'm trying to adapt what I currently have.

**Googling Freedom Plate right now**

I'm going to remove it for my next dive this weekend. And YES, I'm definitely going to get the Freedom Plate.

But for me, it's baby steps. My hubby isn't thrilled with "I'm going to get rid of the BC" discussion. I'll also need to adapt my wing when I dive from a charter. I know how they feel, NO BC, NO DIVEY. So, I'm trying to adapt what I currently have.

**Googling Freedom Plate right now**
Forget about googling it, you get them through me. That's why I said I couldn't take it any more because normally I try not to pimp my stuff unless asked, but I saw you were having issues with trying to get the tank low enough with conventional plates and I had to finally cave and say something before I flooded my keyboard with blood from biting a hole in my lip...Have to help out a fellow (sister) vintage diver in need you know. We look out for each other.

PM me here and I'll give you my personal e-mail and we'll take it off the board.

If you want to dive with no BC off a charter boat then you need to come to California.
We have some serious minimalists here. No BC, one second stage, single SPG and that's it. Most of them are hard core bug divers.

Gallery of California Backpack Divers : 1999-2001

@ Dale: Nice to see my twin over there! :D What adhesive did you use to stick your plate on?

thin smear of Silicone across the whole back of the plate... and love.

:rofl3: The man has gotten a full blow case of vintage fever, addictive aren't they.

Yep. Poor guy done got the bug, awright!

Ah, California.....I haven't had the pleasure of diving there, and have only been once, to San Fran. I loved it. It's much more of accepting of alot of different things, right down to diving. I hope someday to be able to get wet there! It just ain't like that here in the Sunshine State. (my best "hick" speak)

PM done. I look forward to having my problem solved, and alot more "Freedom"! (corny, huh?)

L

Back
Top Bottom