Getting started in vintage diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed,

Excuse me for hijacking your string, however, I would like to know if anyone (just need 1 individual) would be interested in my last Mk3?

Yeah, the last......there won't be any more MK3's I am afraid. My vision is getting worse and I don't trust myself to assemble or test any additional units.

#20 some how excaped my batch for chroming and is in a unchromed state. I have enough parts to complete one more kit so I have two ways someone can buy this.

Unchromed or Chromed.........unchromed will be about 30 less than chromed........however, if someone wants this chromed shipping will take about 3 weeks after full payment.

Later today I will make a full advertisement on the buy/sell forum.....but wanted to give y'all a heads up.

Mossback

back to you Ed.........

I own an MK3 and it's a smokin unit. It performs very well and I've really enjoyed it! Somebody needs to snap this up. You won't be sorry. I'd do it myself if I wasn't in the building trades, ie no work, no money. I'm glad I bought mine when i did.

jim

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/classifieds-regulators/374640-last-mossback-mk3.html

Sorry to hear your eyes have degenerated to this point, Michael. Hopefully you can still get your eyes taken care of. I know you put a lot into the Mark 3, and it shows in its appearance and performance. It turned out great and I admire you for seeing the project through to completion, especially being a one horse operation.

I doubt most here are aware of how much you have contributed to the vintage diving community- that the hookah port adapter nut was your idea and product, or that you took the bull by the horns and made yellow hoses available to us when none were available and everyone had to have one. I'm sure many have come since then who have no idea how much adversity was thrown your way through it all by a real gem of a human being who benefits from your idea to this very day. You deserve more recognition and thanks for your contributions than most realize. The Mark 3 is your crown jewel, and I'm proud to have one. It works great and is a solid unit. They rate gold plating as far as I'm concerned!

Doc Ed,
I just relocated to the Philippines in Cagayan de Oro I have quite a bit of vintage gear, a like new freshly rebuilt DH Royal Aquamaster with a Phoenix nozzle and a newer Aqua Lung Mistral DH. I've got a double set of Scubapro steel 50's assorted single tanks LP steel 95 steel 72's and AL 80. I do have lots of back packs and horse collar bc's. if you are looking for something I might have it. Have you made your way to Duca Bay or Camegian yet? Email me direct Paul

Doc Ed,
I just relocated to the Philippines in Cagayan de Oro I have quite a bit of vintage gear, a like new freshly rebuilt DH Royal Aquamaster with a Phoenix nozzle and a newer Aqua Lung Mistral DH. I've got a double set of Scubapro steel 50's assorted single tanks LP steel 95 steel 72's and AL 80. I do have lots of back packs and horse collar bc's. if you are looking for something I might have it. Have you made your way to Duca Bay or Camegian yet? Email me direct Paul

Hey Paul! Nice to know there's someone to dive with! :D I've got a few LP72s as well. Already got my horsecollar, and my Phoenix is coming soon. You wouldn't happen to have a single outlet manifold that can be used with a DH, would you? I've always wanted to dive in Camiguin, especially the sunken cemetery. If I ever find myself in CDO, I'll be sure to look you up.

Some photos of your collection would be nice :D

From whereabouts in Chicago were you? I lived there for a while as well :D

It was a good Saturday for me, restoration-wise :D

I was always bugged by the flaws of my original plate, so I had new ones made. As you can see, Gagnan finally gets his "N" back, the (R) symbol is present as well, and I threw in the serial number area. But I did have it made in black... because I like it better than blue :p

P1010605.jpg

But since I got a Phoenix nozzle, the appropriate tag had to be made!

P1010599.jpg

Then I screwed one up. If the serial number of my PRAM looks like it was scratched in by hand using a stencil and a needle... well, that's because it was. Oh well.

P1010594.jpg

But my other chromed stuff came in, and here's what's gonna be my safe 2nd :D

P1010592.jpg

Note the label in front. Since I had a whole bunch of stuff engraved, I thought what the heck and had several made for my various regs (now if I could just mount one on my DH mouthpiece...)

P1010601.jpg

Yep, all in all, a good day.

It was a good Saturday for me, restoration-wise :D

I was always bugged by the flaws of my original plate, so I had new ones made. As you can see, Gagnan finally gets his "N" back, the (R) symbol is present as well, and I threw in the serial number area. But I did have it made in black... because I like it better than blue :p

P1010605.jpg

But since I got a Phoenix nozzle, the appropriate tag had to be made!

P1010599.jpg

Then I screwed one up. If the serial number of my PRAM looks like it was scratched in by hand using a stencil and a needle... well, that's because it was. Oh well.

P1010594.jpg

But my other chromed stuff came in, and here's what's gonna be my safe 2nd :D

P1010592.jpg

Note the label in front. Since I had a whole bunch of stuff engraved, I thought what the heck and had several made for my various regs (now if I could just mount one on my DH mouthpiece...)

P1010601.jpg

Yep, all in all, a good day.

Wow! beautiful stuff.
I can't remember if you had questions on how to attach those onto the reg since they don't have tabs to stick through the can and bend over. But I would suggest going to a body shop and acquiring a little two sided tape used for holding body side mouldings on. They have it in rolls and would probably just give you a foot or so.

Wow! beautiful stuff.
I can't remember if you had questions on how to attach those onto the reg since they don't have tabs to stick through the can and bend over. But I would suggest going to a body shop and acquiring a little two sided tape used for holding body side mouldings on. They have it in rolls and would probably just give you a foot or so.

I've got VHB tape :D

Back
Top Bottom