Getting started in vintage diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: Earlier in this thread that I hi-jacked (sorry Ed) we were discussing my problem with my DR backplate and my Phoenix not getting along like I'd hoped.

Well, I decided that DR Plate just wasn't right for Phoenix, so I made arrangements for Freedom Plate to meet Phoenix yesterday. I must say they made a perfert pair! Of course I must give a huge shoutout to ZKY for helping me get these 2 kids together. The plate fit me perfectly and Phoenix was so happy. The positioning was so good, that Phoenix breathed flawlessly and so much better than it had on my previous dives...and it was pretty darn good then.

So now I'm trying to stifle my urge to squeal (I don't squeal over shoes, but the urge does pop up with cool gear) :dork2:

Thanks Eric! Life is gooooood!

Lisa

Last edited:
Doc Ed,
PM me your address and I'll send a NSSSD 1974 edition to you (I have an extra copy). Just don't expect overnite service :wink:
Dale.

Just to close this one up:

Something fun arrived for me in the mail today :D

IMG_9568.jpg

Postmark from Canada was Feb 10... Philippines postmark was May 27 :D

IMG_9569.jpg

Many thanks, Dale :D It does include more DH specific information as opposed to the 1980 edition I have.

Its just been over 3 months since starting vintage equipment diving. Since then I've come to know more about the history of sport diving, as well as the inner workings of our beloved double-hose regulators. I've rediscovered the "fun" part in fun-diving, and have dealt and conversed (albeit only on the web) with some of the nicest and most helpful bunch of folks. It is a small yet diverse community - with surprisingly varied views and opinions at times.

In spite of learning a lot about the mechanical aspect of regulators, there is still something I've yet to figure out: Just like potato chips, you can't have just one... Why are they so addicting? :D

Because Ed, they are like M & M's. So many colors and they are so tasty.....you can't have (buy) just one.

Look at it this way, if you had unlimited money and you loved vintage cars, could you own just one? Not a chance. You'd want to save them all from the junk yard.

For me, it fills certain wants......
1. Love for the sport of diving
2. To be a better overall diver
3. To keep the vintage period of diving current in an era of gadgets, widgets and thingamacallits
4. To satisfy my own need for continual learning...no matter what the subject
5. To be UBER COOL (no chance there, 'cause I'm a nerd)
6. To meet others with the same ideals and nerdiness

Dale, nice gift! I know Ed's stoked, as I would be!

Lisa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom