Getting Ready To Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmith89

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
ALright well were within one week now of leaving for Bonaire!!! I just started packing, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things to take or not to take. Also, any one want to throw out there anything I definetly should or shouldn't do while in Bonaire? I cannot wait to get down there!

The best advice is as follows, Use patience - share humor - bring cash.

The other advice is figure out what clothes you will need, then leave half of them at home, first timers always overpack. Remember shorts, swim suits and teeshirts is all you need. Don't forget the DEET based bug spray.

Have a blast.

Good advice Cecil. For cash we just use the ATMs and take out Guilders.

Have a great trip

Cecil covered the big points right. I also use the ATM often.

Try and dive Cai(east side). An advanced dive so a guide is needed. Give Bas(local DM) a call and see if he is available. Everyone on island knows him. He is the "king" of the east side IMO.

Only 11 days to Curacao for us..Yippee!!! As we get 8-14 inches of snow before tomorrow...Are you in an apartment or hotel? I have stuff to pack scattered throughout my entire house. Make sure you take sunscreen, it is one of those expensive items there, and Bug spray is a must.

Hey CheddarChick - we live in Madison and my wife and I are also headed to Curacao in 16 days for 8 days (Mar 13-20). With this recent snow, we're really motivated now!

Yeah I have gear strung from the front door through the kitchen and all through the garage. It looks like a bomb went off in a dive shop

jsmith89:
Yeah I have gear strung from the front door through the kitchen and all through the garage. It looks like a bomb went off in a dive shop

I am here with a smile on my face enjoying the visual of dive gear everywhere. Staging is when I really start getting excited about a holiday. See you soon!

jsmith89:
I just started packing, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things to take or not to take.

I packed powdered Gatorade drink mix and was very glad I did.
The heat, salt, and multiple dives per day will dry you out in a hurry.
We would mix the Gatorade in in a pitcher, pour it in 20oz plastic drink bottles, and place them in the freezer for a few hours. (At the dive site, we would put the bottles in an inconspicuous location to avoid tampering.) When your dive is over, you have a cool, refreshing, hydrating drink waiting for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom