Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adiverslife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Want to learn some reef identification and behavior for your next trip to the Caribbean? This video is for you! In this video we dive all around Bonaire's Marine park in the day and at night, filming reef behavior and identifying coral, fish, and reef creatures, and also some historical artifacts from Bonaire's distant past. If you want to make your dive that much cooler, having this knowledge is a big help. In this video you will see a rarely seen, yet exceedingly beautiful, Sargassum Triggerfish. These fish are shy and typically don't show up until you hit 40 meters down. We also take you to the Tolo dive site a couple of days after the full moon and see a marine life display at night that will boggle your mind. You will see an arrow squid, almost never seen by humans, come up from the deep, in attack formation, to feed on this marine life explosion. Watch to see how one squid behaves. Defiant is an understatement. You will also see the amazing dance of Butter Hamlets spawning at night. This episode is jam packed. Strap on your fins and get ready to increase your knowledge and add some wonder and amazement to your day.

If you like this video and want to be notified when more content is released, please go to A Diver's Life on YouTube and click subscribe.

Great video! Thanks for shooting and sharing! Was packing for my trip last night while watching and it really got me stoked about getting in the water soon :)
Have you ever had success getting ostracod bioluminescence on film? It's such a cool experience, but I haven't seen it captured anywhere.

Great video! Thanks for shooting and sharing! Was packing for my trip last night while watching and it really got me stoked about getting in the water soon :)
Have you ever had success getting ostracod bioluminescence on film? It's such a cool experience, but I haven't seen it captured anywhere.
thank you. I have not had any luck with ostracods (this is the only bioluminescence I have tried to film) . The points of light are just too small. In fact I tried it again a few weeks ago. Netflix had a crew on Bonaire attempting to film them. Perhaps, we shall see how how successful they were later on. You need an ultraviolet light and a yellow filter. I have not gotten these yet

ID is a goal,
behaviors are the grail.

Excellent

Back
Top Bottom