Getting foreign gear serviced in Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_divo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’ve been trying to get my Apeks gear (purchased in Canada) serviced here in Korea. However, several places wouldn’t service the gear because the serial number doesn’t register as sold in Korea and they don’t get service packets from Apeks Korea if it wasn’t purchased here.

If anyone is having problems getting internationally sourced gear serviced (yearly checkup etc.), Scubajanbimall, the big online store, is situated in Songnam and services some international gear. You can drop off personally (small place hidden on the second floor) or courier gear to them (then contact them about what you’d like to have done). Details are in the sticky posts at the top of the linked page. You’ll need Korean to access the site and communicate with them. Find their business card below.

Another similar operation is EN-Shop located in Chongju. They’re also an online store that offers courier-in gear servicing. They confirmed over the phone that they will also service gear from abroad. See their ad below.

11B6060C-0722-4AB7-8B8C-82C5B255411C.jpeg

9AF51EB3-4089-4F64-B4FD-47E1776549DD.jpeg

I was happy with the service I got at Scubajangbi Mall on my Canadian-bought Apeks regs and BCD. (Thursday to Wednesday turnaround for personal drop off & pick up, courier is also an option). Got the regs back in good condition and they worked fine on my dive. BCD was checked on the spot and sent home with me. He included a small packet of all the parts he replaced to be tossed after you have inspected your gear and are satisfied with the service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom