Getting certified Stuart-Pompano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Steele

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Okay I'm finally ready to dive headfirst into the world of scuba and I was looking for any guidance as to a good place to get certified. Will be mostly for rec diving but possibly can help in future career opportunities.

A few things I'm looking for

Can rent all equipment for the class
Classroom teaching (will focus more)
Anywhere from Stuart-pompano

Also I am 110% comfortable in water and have past experience in freediving.

Now any advice here is just that and I will look into any shop recommended as anyone should.

There are a lot of good shops in south florida.

I did my advanced nitrox, Deco Procedures and solo classes with Jupiter Dive Center. They have several good instructors associated with the shop.

My sister did a refresher course with Force-E in WPB and was completely happy

I did my rescue course with Gold Coast in Lauderdale by the Sea and thought the instruction was thorough.

Lastly, I did my AOW with The Scuba Club and again thought they did a really good job too.

I would not hesitate to take a family member to any one of these shops. They all have good instructors and you'll get a complete education. There are plenty of other really good shops too and I'm sure you'll get a few more recommendations.

Last edited:
Stuart Scuba (www.stuartscuba.com) is the largest dive center in Florida. And the most experienced staff.
We off the full range of training that includes ALL (rental gear, classroom, pool, boat dives, registrations, etc).

I started as a customer and hated most dive centers. But I was so impressed with how they ran the operation and the experience of their staff that I started working for them.
check us out and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks for the recommendations I will take a look at these shop and give them a call or stop in and see which I will do my certification with.

Check out Boynton Beach Dive Center. They are an SSI shop. Besides having some good instructors one of the nice things about their shop is the ease to diving off the charters located at the Boynton Marina. The Boynton reefs are amazing.

I can second Stuart Scuba. My daughter did her SCR training there and and will do her CCR training with them! Peter and all are great!

I think Pompano Dive Center is the best dive shop in Florida, a great staff and Tony the manager. Great for any recreational and Technical training..

Hello guys thanks for all recommendations. I have done my research and I have decided to go with Stuart scuba and will be getting certified in June sometime.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom