Getting Certified in Corpus Christ/Port Aransas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMF89

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys, I think this is the right forum. A friend of mine and I are getting our class/pool certifications done up here in Minnesota (the reason we can't do an open water dive up here is about three feet of ice which require two specialty permits to dive, lol), and my grandparents winter down with you guys, so we were hoping to stay down there on our spring break, and get certified open water down there. Can anyone recommend any instructors/dive shops for us? Thanks for the help guys!

There are two dive operations there that I know of. A Scuba Venture and Cocharan's. Of the two, I would recommend A Scuba Venture. If you are not doing the class under SSI, you will need to bring a Universal Referral Form with you. Check with youor LDS.

I got my OW cert in Corpus 21 years ago. We did our check out dives under the SPID Intercoastal Bridge.

Give ascuba venture a call 361 985 1111 great dive shop ask for Brian or Dan usually will do ck out dives at the jettys at port a. the water should be 70 by spring break.

Ditto for Ascuba, good group of guys. I have been into Copelands a few times and less than impressed with the helpfulness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom