Getting Certified- Baton Rouge or Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBT is pretty cool and yes they can beat many prices you may find on the internet. As you have already noted their price for their classes are as cheap as you will find. The instructors are great they even have a Lady instructor if you feel your wife would be more comfortable with but she seems to work in rotation so it could be hit or miss with her. But they all are well trained. As for the Prices you asked about on the gear for me and a buddy they beat others sometime of over a $100.00 or more the closes another store came was $60.00

Now for the Down side of MBT Beware is all I can say once you enter them front doors you will be hooked. They don’t know no strangers everyone is friendly and your made to feel right at home. You will keep going back

For those in the area, how far is Perdido key from Pensacola (specifially MBT)

Nick

20 min if traffic is heavy I'd imagine.

It sounds like you'll be getting a great experience through MBT. Once you're certified, I highly recommend dropping by Underwater Advetures in Baton Rouge. My boyfriend just got certified with them last May (I was already certified) and we LOVED them!! I'm sure they got tired of seeing us because we'd drop by the shop almost every week, but everyone was always very friendly. We got our Nitrox cert with them, but moved to Tennessee before our cards came in and they sent us our cards with a really sweet note as soon as they arrived. We're keeping an eye on their website and are hoping our schedules allow us to go on one of their trips.

nferra2:
Yeah, I think I am going to get my gear ahead of time to make sure I have everything, and that it fits properly.

I would love to dive with an experienced diver. If its not on this trip, Pensacola is only 3.5 hours away, and I am sure we could make a weekend trip to meet up with some local divers.

Let me know when you want to head back over to Florida. I'm arriving tomorrow and plan on becoming familiar with all the sites in the panhandle. I'll meet up with you whenever you head down.

And good luck with your class!

I don't think I would have a chance to make it again until after the Holidays, Unless I could sneak another weekend in towards the end of october. But next year, every chance I get I want to get in the water. I figure once I get my own gear, it will only cost us a few bucks for the tank fills, and gas money, and a day off will mean a day diving.

Well it is official now, I just booked my class at MBT for October 4th-7th. I will be there on teh 4th at 1pm, ready to go.

Cool! Make sure you post a report here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom