Getting Certified- Baton Rouge or Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did mine at Dive Pro's back in '94 before MBT was even there. It was called DiversDen before it was MBT. When I get over there anymore I go though MBT. It's been a great lil shop.

Well it looks like I will be there the first week of October. I need to call MBT and book my class. The weather should be pleasant, and the chance of a hurricanes drop off greatly after september.

Halftime, I would love to log some dive time with experienced divers, there is only so much you can learn in 4 dives.

Willardj, how are the prices, selection and stock of gear over at MBT. I am all about buying gear at a local shop but I will be purchasing 2 sets of gear and that can add up quickly, and I can see a shop not having stock on everything like a WWW vendor would. I ask becuase I might be making a trip to dallas(family) and we could always stop buy scubatoys to gear up, but if MBT prices are comaparable, I would prefer to get my stuff at MBT.

nferra2:
I would love to log some dive time with experienced divers, there is only so much you can learn in 4 dives.

When you are down make or just before make sure to to post your availible dates and times. I would be more than happy to meet up with you and go dive Pensaocla Beach Pier Rubble, which is in 18 fsw and an excellent site for new divers. look at some of my recent posts on this site for pictures.

nferra2:
Well it looks like I will be there the first week of October. I need to call MBT and book my class. The weather should be pleasant, and the chance of a hurricanes drop off greatly after september.

Halftime, I would love to log some dive time with experienced divers, there is only so much you can learn in 4 dives.

Willardj, how are the prices, selection and stock of gear over at MBT. I am all about buying gear at a local shop but I will be purchasing 2 sets of gear and that can add up quickly, and I can see a shop not having stock on everything like a WWW vendor would. I ask becuase I might be making a trip to dallas(family) and we could always stop buy scubatoys to gear up, but if MBT prices are comaparable, I would prefer to get my stuff at MBT.

Not sure about the prices at MBT. I've owned all my stuff since '95-'96. The only thing I've bought new in the last couple yrs. is a BP/W(Diversupply) and some new Bare wet suits(Bare suits Rock) for my wife and I(Scubatoys). I'll buy from Scubatoys again Great place very nice people. The people at MBT are very nice as well. If you are going to Dallas anyway it might be worth the wait. Good luck and have fun!!

Yeah, I think I am going to get my gear ahead of time to make sure I have everything, and that it fits properly.

I would love to dive with an experienced diver. If its not on this trip, Pensacola is only 3.5 hours away, and I am sure we could make a weekend trip to meet up with some local divers.

I will have to bow out of diving in Oct. I will be leaving for a few months in Sept. but when I get back in Dec I will be looking for posts as to when you will be in the area.

nferra2:
I ask becuase I might be making a trip to dallas(family) and we could always stop buy scubatoys to gear up, but if MBT prices are comaparable, I would prefer to get my stuff at MBT.

Can't wait to see you guys when you get down here! I'm confident we'll be able to get you geared up in the gear that suits ya best at a price that will meet or beat things you find at scubatoys.

Josh
MBT

Well, we have our dates, October 4th-9th. If you can beat/match scubatoys prices I will wait and check out MBT gear. I am only worried about not having the right size (or color for the wife) when we get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom