Getting a good seal on an EXO 26 Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baconboy9

Reaction score
I have a EXO 26 FFM, I like it alot , I was just wondering if anybody else out there is having some difficulties like me.

1st: When you have it on correctly, do you notice that you seem to hear alot of air flowing out, when you exhale?. (As it almost feels that there is air blowing out on the sides and yet, it's secure around your face)

2nd: Do you perfer to use a hood vs no hood, do you get a better seal with a hood on?

3rd: Do you equalize using the nose part, with the new attachment (This gives a better seal around the mouth and the nose)?

There is actually a hood made specifically for the EXO26.

I rarely use the nose block as I can equalize easily in the EXO especially if I have the reg cranked. When surfce supplied I don't care if I am blowing off a little extra gas.

I am also usually too busy to take my hands off of the job.:D

1st: No, are you sure it is not venting some air from around the mask? Is it while your swimming face down? (when the diver is working vertically in the water column the exhausted air will travel up and around the faceport so no bubbles are in your field of view, when working horizontal they should be traveling up and around the divers neck) The whisker assembly on this mask will vent the air further out to the side when comparing it to a normal SCUBA second stage.
Are you using comms? you may be hearing some bubble noise through the open circuit of the communication unit...

2nd: I almost always prefer not to use a hood but if you are make sure you have either a latex hood or one designed with a latex skirt around the face to ensure a good seal. This applies to any full-face mask.

3rd: Yes I use the nose block to clear.

Jeff Lane

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I'm looking for some help.

When using the EXO I'm having issues equalizing aswell. I'm trying to use the nose block, but I can't get it to do the job. I end up pinching/pushing the area around the mask near the nose (like a regular mask).

Is there some secret to this I'm missing?

Buy some neoprene material and use some wet suit glue to build up a pad on the nose block so it fits your nose. I usually just stick the nose block of my hat under my upper lip and press my upper lip up into my nose to clear. It's cheaper and simpler than making the whole nose pillow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom