Georgia Off Shore Wreck Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey there, Deep Dixie Divers . . . ! ! !

I've already posted this in the Lake Lanier Looney Bird forum, but I thought I'd post it here as well.

I'm in the process of putting together a wreck dive with a new charter out of Savannah for the first weekend in June.

It's a six pack. The charter for the whole day is $900, so that equates to $150 per diver.

Yellow Angel Fish will be buddying up with me so that leaves 4 spots.

Don't have any details yet, but I've asked the captain to supply us with some basic information on the dive sites.

And if there are any of you out there who have never been to Savannah, this would make for an awesome trip!

Let me know.

the K

Hey Kraken, which charter this time? Yukoneer and I may be interested.

Captain Bob (Seatiger on ScubaBoard).

Want to see what he has to offer.

It'd be GREAT if you guys could make it!!!!

the K

I'm interested, but need to know where the charter is going. Is this a recreational trip or a tech trip? I didn't know there was anythnig off the coast of Savannah.

I'm waiting for some info from Cpt. Bob as to the nature of the dive sites.

There are wrecks off the coast of Georgia, but for some reason the dive industry has just never evolved. I'm not a seagoing man so there are probably a myriad or reasons for the lack of charters of which I'm just completely ignorant.

Anyway, I hope we hear something good.

the K

There are some pretty nice sites offshore. From my experience and observations, one of the main reasons it is hard to run a successful charter business is because the sights are far offshore (15-30 miles), and the seas are usually rough (3-5 feet).

I would be interested in going out with you guys depending on the sights. For 150 dollars a person, he should take us somewhere special like Snapper Banks or some live bottom, not just the run of the mill artificial reef. Otherwise, that seems a bit expensive to dive the Georgia Coast.

Please let me know when details are available...

-Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom