George likes clear skirts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I like the skirt to be clear so I can see any light movement , but I ...

What gives? I thought black skirts were the way to go?

Before WW and UP get all excited, I mean MASK SKIRTS, not women's skirts!

I'm sure George likes clear skirts. As for masks I can't remember what he wears.

Tom

George likes clear skirts David Rhea wants black skirts it's DIR personnal preference:) If George wears Joe Boxers are you gonna run out and buy them too...practice your skills and be better than both of them. Then you can worry about little sh**

If George wears Joe Boxers are you gonna run out and buy them too...practice your skills and be better than both of them. Then you can worry about little sh**

You missed the point...and I am not worried about little ****. Just starting a discussion about differences in DIR/GUE recommendations. You don't have to participate...

Waterlover once bubbled...
George likes clear skirts David Rhea wants black skirts it's DIR personnal preference:) If George wears Joe Boxers are you gonna run out and buy them too...practice your skills and be better than both of them. Then you can worry about little sh**

Based on the pictures of George in Speedos on his girl friends web site I would guess he prefers the more streamlined briefs to boxers.:D

Mike

It's DIR personnal preference...It has been noted on other subjects too...Dry suits... DUI, andies and diving concepts......Back up lights Princeton tec vs. Scouts...masks....regulators apeks vs scubapro.....I'm sure there is more but those are the quick ones....it's not all about gear it's more about situational awareness, skills and team work.Why don't I ever see any one wanting to discuss that?...

Waterlover once bubbled...
...it's not all about gear it's more about situational awareness, skills and team work.Why don't I ever see any one wanting to discuss that?...

What's to discuss? You're either aware or you're not.

Jarhead

It's DIR personnal preference...It has been noted on other subjects too...Dry suits... DUI, andies and diving concepts......Back up lights Princeton tec vs. Scouts...masks....regulators apeks vs scubapro.....I'm sure there is more but those are the quick ones....it's not all about gear it's more about situational awareness, skills and team work.Why don't I ever see any one wanting to discuss that?...

I have noticed a lot of it lately too...there is a much less unified DIR camp than their used to be regarding gear. George vs Andrew on the drysuit thing is one of the latest examples...

What do you want to discuss about situational awareness, skills, and team work?

Tell me how you are developing your senses to be more aware of your surroundings? Have you done anything with sight, sound or touch? Can you smell the hydrogen sulfide in the deep quarry water? Can you tell when other divers enter your immediate area? How do you know where your buddy is all the time? Tell me about your dive planning procedures with your buddy? how's that for a start? Read my signature line .....do you agree that most people don't have skills mastered when they leave an open water class?

The black silicon mask argument [as I understand it] is that the black mask prevents peripheral light from entering, thus allowing the eyes to dialate more and produce better vision forward. It also is used much line horse blinders to keep you focused.

I don't like the second argument, I don't buy the 'stay focused' thing. The dialation thing might be legit, but I've not found it to be a problem.

I prefer a clear mask. I have a better range of vision, buddies don't have to flash their lights as far into my path to get my attention. Also it's much less disruptive glancing to the side to your buddy.

Masks give enough tunnel vision, I don't need anymore!

[just my personal opinion...]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom