Wanted Genesis Manifold Plugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
As the title states looking to see if anyone has any they'd like to part with. I will be contacting NESS at some point as I believe he's my best bet, but I figured I'd throw it out here 1st.

Honestly I've never seen them in person. By looking at the manifold they look like they're supposed to be caps as the thread are on the outside of the valve, but what do I know. Concept is still the same.

Piranha has the OMS end-caps. Back in Stock! OMS Replacement End Caps! Price is per piece , Piranha Dive Shop |

I've wondered for a while if they would fit the weird Genesis system or if those caps are for the face-sealed variety.

I've avoided some buys because of the older Genesis system. I have a (later?) slant-back manifold/valve set that uses the more common internal threading on the valve end.

Piranha has the OMS end-caps. Back in Stock! OMS Replacement End Caps! Price is per piece , Piranha Dive Shop |

I've wondered for a while if they would fit the weird Genesis system or if those caps are for the face-sealed variety.

I've avoided some buys because of the older Genesis system. I have a (later?) slant-back manifold/valve set that uses the more common internal threading on the valve end.
They will not fit the Genesis captured manifold system. Plugs/caps have never been produced for those unfortunately.

This is a different valve set from Genesis that uses these plugs
Finding the left hand side is somewhat annoying.

I have a spare genesis manifold crossbar available for sale. You can use it to model DIY plugs, if you dare.

I have a spare genesis manifold crossbar available for sale. You can use it to model DIY plugs, if you dare.
Well that sounds scary!

Edit: I'll have a total of 6 Genesis manifolds I think I'd like to take a set or 2 and make them single though.

Edit: I'll have a total of 6 Genesis manifolds I think I'd like to take a set or 2 and make them single though.

Do you need Left/Right sets or just want singles?

Do you need Left/Right sets or just want singles?

I guess I would just need singles. Idc about R / L.

I thought about maybe selling the manifolds and just buying used 7/8" singles, just figured I'd look for the plugs 1st.

@tbone1004 I do not see how the plug fits? See my pic, it looks to me like a cap, but maybe I need to tak the part off the manifold.

Attachments

• 20220208_163821.jpg
    20220208_163821.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220208_163824.jpg
    20220208_163824.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 56
I guess I would just need singles. Idc about R / L.

I thought about maybe selling the manifolds and just buying used 7/8" singles, just figured I'd look for the plugs 1st.

@tboni do not see how the plug fits? See my pic, it looks to me like a cap, but maybe I need to tak the part off the manifold.

That is a different genesis manifold and looks like below when assembled. Fun fact, this one also requires loctite when assembling and is a PITA to take apart. This is the one that @-JD- was referencing about the OMS caps but they are completely different.
1644362042002.png

The ones you sent me in PM look like they have this manifold which takes plugs, weird plugs, but at least takes plugs.
1644362089410.png

That is a different genesis manifold and looks like below when assembled. Fun fact, this one also requires loctite when assembling and is a PITA to take apart. This is the one that @-JD- was referencing about the OMS caps but they are completely different.
View attachment 706049

The ones you sent me in PM look like they have this manifold which takes plugs, weird plugs, but at least takes plugs.
View attachment 706050

At least I got the Genesis part right, lol.

I guess I have 1 of the ones that needs loctite and caps (will Piranhas caps work?), and 5 of the ones that need plugs.

Very weird, learn something new every day:)

edit: @tbone1004 how does the 1st one's manifold come apart? It spins freely on both sides, but in my 30 seconds looking at it today I didn't see how it comes apart? I'll take more pictures tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom