genesis gs 2000 regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tkojis

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody use the Genesis GS2000 reg. Seems like a decent reg at a reasonable price. Rodales reviewed and gave it the thumbs up...Any personal experiance with this reg?

I tried my buddies GS 2000 on a shallow dive (40-50ft) and thought that it breathed really well. I have another friend that uses a GS 2000 and Genesis 1st stage (Forgot the name, comes with the GS 2000) on his doubles tech rig. He really likes them too.

-

Tkojis once bubbled...
Anybody use the Genesis GS2000 reg. Seems like a decent reg at a reasonable price. Rodales reviewed and gave it the thumbs up...Any personal experiance with this reg?

I've tried one a few times and liked it but you won't pull me away from my G250 with it. I believe it is produced for Genesis by Oceanic so it's essentially a re-tooled Delta.

I recently bought a GS2000, but only have about a dozen dives on it. So far, so good.

What's going on with the Genesis first stage regs? They used to have a selection of piston and diaphragm types but now have only a diaphragm? The web site is vague and noncommital. The first stg seems to have grown in size. What's up with the 'dry seal' chamber? What is inside this chamber, a plastic piston?

The GS2000 is a piston reg. It uses a system to keep it dry similar (idea) to the Sherwood dry air bleed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom