Genesis/Asahi Cylinder Opinions wanted.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTSkipper

Reaction score
I am going to be purchasing 2 HP120 tanks and my LDS sells the Genesis/Asahi spun steel tanks. Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about these tanks? I would specifically like info regarding the finishing treatment on the outside of the tanks or issues with future hydros, but other opinions would be fine. As for weighting and size, I have rented these from them before and found the size and weight very comfortable for me.

Thanks,
TTSkipper

I would get PST instead. I dont like the Asahi cylinders. They are heavy, and the finish doesnt hold up very well.

Thanks for the replies.

After I got your replies back I went to my LDS after work. I checked to make sure that he did not order the Genesis tanks yet and after speaking to the owner I found out that they are not ordering the Genesis tanks anymore, but they are ordering the PST tanks. The reason I thought they were still ordering the Genesis is because I knew they had sold them in the past and when i asked the price when I was in the shop on new years they looked it up in the computer and I saw Genesis. Apparently they have not updated the computer to read PST. So I placed my order and I am getting both a left and right valve for when I go to doubles.

Thanks again,

TTSkipper

Cool... good choice...

Back
Top Bottom