General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking Forward to see Yours video:popcorn:

Deepswim, I haven't had a chance to catch up on some of the posts yet, so I don't know if this has been asked. What is your certification level?

Why do I get the sinking feeling that after all the cave diver's buoyancy control demonstrated in ucfdiver and dive-aholic's videos, that deepswim *still* does not get it.

1 Buddy You using scooter, I do swim with fins
2 this is not Vortex
I get off the scooter and swim halfway through the video. Watch it and feel free to critique.

and the results are in; ucfdiver - 1 deepswim - 0

Yes, :D Men Life is a competition
Please take your camera do swimming from 1st AirBOX -7m deep to cave gate (-32m,deep) in The Piano Room and back to 1st AirBOX.
I'd like to see Your time on Yours video
My is below
YouTube - #1 Sept 11 evenig in Piano ROOM

p.s. What ever This Lost-Cave-Diver did, he pushed me to do something new.
thnx 4 reading
. He pushed you to want to be a stastic?? Nice goals, go for it.

Deepswim:

Since no one else wants to bring it up (surprisingly) I guess I will go out on a limb here. I believe that there is a perception on this thread that you are not properly trained to dive in caves or caverns. If you are in fact properly trained, then I apologize in advance for assuming otherwise.

Many folks are becoming upset because they see your videos, that, at best, make light of some very, very serious conditions. People fear that you may hurt yourself because you appear to lack the proper training and skills to safely execute cave dives. Worse, your videos might encourage other untrained divers to go into the cave at Vortex. How would you feel if someone followed your example and died in the cave at Vortex?

What would you do if your lights flooded or otherwise malfunctioned? What would you do if your tank valve became clogged? What would you do if your first stage locked shut? What would you do if the cave suddenly silted up and you had no visibility? What would you do if you lost your mask?

Certified cave divers are equipped and trained to deal with these issues, and practice doing so under the direct supervision of an instructor before they are allowed to continue diving in these environments.

Are you properly equipped and trained to deal with such issues inside of that cave? If not, please, please contact an instructor and educate yourself before something terrible happens.

Deepswim:

Since no one else wants to bring it up (surprisingly)

I don't mind. Look up a few posts. :)

Deepswim:

Since no one else wants to bring it up (surprisingly) I guess I will go out on a limb here. I believe that there is a perception on this thread that you are not properly trained to dive in caves or caverns. If you are in fact properly trained, then I apologize in advance for assuming otherwise.

Many folks are becoming upset because they see your videos, that, at best, make light of some very, very serious conditions. People fear that you may hurt yourself because you appear to lack the proper training and skills to safely execute cave dives. Worse, your videos might encourage other untrained divers to go into the cave at Vortex. How would you feel if someone followed your example and died in the cave at Vortex?

What would you do if your lights flooded or otherwise malfunctioned? What would you do if your tank valve became clogged? What would you do if your first stage locked shut? What would you do if the cave suddenly silted up and you had no visibility? What would you do if you lost your mask?

Certified cave divers are equipped and trained to deal with these issues, and practice doing so under the direct supervision of an instructor before they are allowed to continue diving in these environments.

Are you properly equipped and trained to deal with such issues inside of that cave? If not, please, please contact an instructor and educate yourself before something terrible happens.
Hush. We're going to let him keep doing it and use him for an Easter egg hunt in the cave next year.

Hush. We're going to let him keep doing it and use him for an Easter egg hunt in the cave next year.

What do I get when I find him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom