Gear rinse tub sanitation - a study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our routine (all are boat dives) 1 spit for defog 2 rinse in sea 3 don mask.

I rinse my gear in communal dip tanks and haven't died from it yet.

I wander how much tax dollars was wasted on this study? I could of told them this for free. Any time you rinse your gear in a tank that I rinsed my piss soaked wetsuite your going to get some bacteria.

You look mummified in your photo.

Thats hypothermia - slightly different medical issue.

Rinse? Only after the dive. I don't use anti-fog, I use saliva. I was taught not to rinse after applying saliva. Or just leave a little water in your mask and roll your head when the lens fog up.

I still laugh at how the media has turned all of us into germophobes. "SWINE FLU! Quick, close the airports!" I remember when the first confirmed death from Swine Flu occurred in Texas. It made the front page of the paper. The other 37,000 people that died of plain-old flu that year didn't even get a mention.

I'm about 1/2 way convinced that the whole swine-flu panic was orchestrated by the manufacturers of hand sanitizer. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a bottle of that stuff now.

I guess it was just a matter of time before divers started freaking out over germs and bacteria. There's usually some nonsense thread running here about "something growing inside my BC" or "infections from the rinse tank."

-Charles

I still laugh at how the media has turned all of us into germophobes. "SWINE FLU! Quick, close the airports!" I remember when the first confirmed death from Swine Flu occurred in Texas. It made the front page of the paper. The other 37,000 people that died of plain-old flu that year didn't even get a mention.

I'm about 1/2 way convinced that the whole swine-flu panic was orchestrated by the manufacturers of hand sanitizer. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a bottle of that stuff now.

I guess it was just a matter of time before divers started freaking out over germs and bacteria. There's usually some nonsense thread running here about "something growing inside my BC" or "infections from the rinse tank."

-Charles

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I wander how much tax dollars was wasted on this study? I could of told them this for free. Any time you rinse your gear in a tank that I rinsed my piss soaked wetsuite your going to get some bacteria.

Unless you have something nasty going on piss is sterile.

Back
Top Bottom