Gear Rental Prices - Chile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greenman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to be in Chile for eight weeks from mid January to mid March. I'm hoping to do some diving while I'm there, but I don't have any gear besides mask, fins, and snorkel. So I'm looking at three options:

1. Buy gear in US and take with me.
2. Buy gear in Chile.
3. Rent in Chile.

Money is an important concern, especially the break-even point between renting and buying. I'll buy if I come even close to breaking even with the price of renting.

So please post rental prices for a full kit including wet suit (preferably itemized) at whatever shops you know them for, or just suggest shops that I should contact myself.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Greenman

I'm in Chile and can say for sure that buying gear here is substantially more expensive than in the states. Diving is a luxury sport here and ytou basically pay about 1000 pesos on the dollar for gear (the actual conversion rate is about 530 pesos/$1) so essentially you're paying almost double.

I've never rented gear here, so I have no idea how much it costs. I can makes some calls for you if you want and check on rental prices, but it'll have to be tomorrow as todays a holiday (day of the dead/all saints day).

What part of Chile will you be going to and where do you plan on diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom