Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic Cobalt II....easiest dive computer ever
Ocean Reef FFM....makes diving a pleasure...no more fogging
Custom fitted Santi E Motion Plus and custom fitted Santi BZ 200 undergarment....love them
Halcyon Focus 2 dive light....very easy to use and the ability to go from a beam to a flood is great.

@txgoose, here ya go. This photo is from the top, looking down, you can see the two handles on the inside that are awesome for clipping lights and other gear onto. The only issue is that the bolts that come with the handles are too long. They are designed for wood, not the narrow plastic sides of the crate. So you either have to clip the ends of the bolts off with a bolt cutter or buy new, shorter ones that will snug up to the handle through the narrower plastic crate.
IMG_2757.jpg

Spring straps
Petrel 2
BP/W
Steel tanks
Apeks regs

@txgoose, here ya go. This photo is from the top, looking down, you can see the two handles on the inside that are awesome for clipping lights and other gear onto.

For trying to be considerate AND managing a family of four, this could really be a good system for us. Er'body gets their own crate.
Thank you, sir.

You're welcome! I saw a guy who had this system on a boat once. At the time I was struggling with how to keep everything together neatly. I immediately adopted this system. Here's what goes in my crate:

1) 2 masks (in their boxes)
2) booties
3) wreck reel
4) 3 mil full suit
5) 2 mil wetsuit top
6) neoprene pocket shorts
7) large SMB with finger spool
8) wet notes
9) 3 flashlights
10) two computers (clipped onto a big carabeener on the handle)
11) mask defog
12) gloves
13) save a dive kit in a small pelican case
14) water bottle

This fills the crate to the top, then I put my fins on top held in place with a bungee cord. On the boat, I usually take my fins off and put them beside the crate. Then I can easily get to my water bottle while I'm gearing up.

If I have to go to my 7 mm semi-dry, then it takes up more room and I usually end up just putting that suit on top of the crate.

Oh yeah, if you look carefully, you might notice some hair bands on a carabiner as well. I always keep a few extra on-hand for my buddy's inevitable hair emergency. :D

i dont regret any of my gear i dont really use my hood at all but its there if i need it so no regrets at all for buying it about the only thing i do regret is not upgrading the bc on the package i got ...

After some intense dives, I am really really really really happy with my Transpac/Nomad wing rig from Dive Rite: it works perfectly with me. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom