Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After suffering through various poorly fitting rental drysuits I finally had enough and ordered the new Waterproof D7X Nylotech about a month ago and god damn it's amazing!
Only done one dive in it so far but it's a massive difference getting something that truly fits your body rather than some generic rental sized suit.
I got large feet for my height so always ended up with suits that were made for someone 10-15cm taller and way fatter than I am because my feet wouldn't fit in the smaller ones.
By far the most expensive part of my gear but so worth it!
Was set on Ursuit first but I'm only an hour drive away from Waterproof HQ here in Sweden and every diveshop I know of here sell and service WP products, made the choice pretty easy.

Shearwater DC
Relief Valve
Fusion Drysuit
SP MK25\S600
DIN conversion on regs
Uwatec BT
DG 600’s
Balanced Charger

I don’t regret anything in my current single-tank diving configuration:

Poseidon Cyklon 5000 reg set
Shearwater Teric w/AI pod
Halcyon Infinity BC
Apex RK3 fins
Atomic Aquatics Venom mask
Wetwear custom 7mm wetsuit with ‘ez-on’ zippers
Big Blue AL1200 dive lights

Waterproof gloves
Agreed! Love watching my buddy struggle with his kubi dry gloves and still come out with colder hands than me. Even in 5mm they still have great dexterity. Thinking of buying the Waterproof Amarid as well which is basically the G1 with kevlar.

Is there any other kind of diving outside of a drysuit :)

Just had a p-valve fitted. No more adult nappies (diapers) for me. My buddy's struggling to lift me on and off the changing mat now anyway

2 used (just off initial hydro) 133 steel tanks, $250 Cdn each, he also threw in 10 file cards (100 free fills). Being new as well as 6'5" and 260lbs I am an air hog. It's nice to finally not be the first one out of air.

My Othree drysuit. Messed about with buying various off the peg drysuits with varying success. Then decided enough was enough and bit the bullet on a made to measure Othree drysuit. Best diving purchase I have made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom