Gear needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoe17

Registered
Reaction score
Just recently I convinced my new wife to get certified. I lived in the Fla. Keys for 7 years and have diving experience. I sold all my gear when I left in 96.

The choices are well to many. I know I want a balanced reg.. Have been told to stay away from Dacor and Mares. All my gear was Sherwood and Cressi.

So where to start without spending a fortune. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

zoe17:
Just recently I convinced my new wife to get certified. I lived in the Fla. Keys for 7 years and have diving experience. I sold all my gear when I left in 96.

The choices are well to many. I know I want a balanced reg.. Have been told to stay away from Dacor and Mares. All my gear was Sherwood and Cressi.

So where to start without spending a fortune. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the board.

If your looking for suggestions/oppinions, I vote for a US company called Zeagle. For warm water diving go with the Envoy and for colder waters I suggest the DSIV. They also make some great BCs. Again I suggest the Escape for light duty and Ranger for heavy duty recreational diving.

Brian

thanks for the reply. I will use jacket type BC and so will my wife. I have seen the zeagle name but have no knowledge of the name. We are recreational divers who will be diving in the Mid-South area and warm water when we can.

I have read the pros and cons of net sales, seems like the safest thing is to buy locally.We have only 1 shop here and no competion so we all know what the prices are like. Just trying to get input on how and where to buy gear in Tennessee at a good price.

Thanks

zoe17:
thanks for the reply. I will use jacket type BC and so will my wife. I have seen the zeagle name but have no knowledge of the name. We are recreational divers who will be diving in the Mid-South area and warm water when we can.

I have read the pros and cons of net sales, seems like the safest thing is to buy locally.We have only 1 shop here and no competion so we all know what the prices are like. Just trying to get input on how and where to buy gear in Tennessee at a good price.

Thanks

If you are interested in checking out the Zeagle, their page is www.zeagle.com. They do have authorized net dealers. Actually, I think www.scubatoys.com sells them. The owner is on this board.

I personally dive the DSIV, but that's because I need the environmental seal due to the muck around here. But, it's not a bad idea for salt water diving too.

Have fun.

Brian

I have a barely used size small Oceanic Probe QLR jacket bc for sale (went to tech rig last year) with or without the Oceanic AirXS inflator octo for sale. I'll make you a great deal. It will be one year old in August. I only dove it from Aug '03 until Dec'03. It looks brand new off the rack. It's a very high quality bc.

I need a medium or large bc. My wife could probably use the small. I am interested. Reply when you can and we will work out the details

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom