Gear Maintenance: Rinse your metal second stage in warm vs cold water ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warm bath with a wee bit of lemon. Afterwards a light drying with a lint free towel. Followed by warm air infused with some Best Air Bacteria Treatment. Finally a spritz of mint on the mouth piece.
Do you put a little umbrella in that too? :rofl3:

We don't have cold water here it's always warm but in summer it's hot.

Warm bath with a wee bit of lemon. Afterwards a light drying with a lint free towel. Followed by warm air infused with some Best Air Bacteria Treatment. Finally a spritz of mint on the mouth piece.
I hope all the operators are treating their rental equipment like this!
Sweet dream.

Always warm to hottish water, soak for a while, then wash and let it drain.

Warm hose water, doing so for use with no issues, was there when the serviced my reg and they said all looked fine

I take a 20Q Pelican Cooler, full of hot water from my shower. Sits in the car while I dive, or I can take it on a local charter boat. After my dive, the water is still very hot. I rinse off everything, including me. Easy to rinse off the drysuit, while I am wearing it; regs, masks, lights, comp, Nautilus, rock boots, steel springs on fins, all get a dunk in the hot water.

I always used to soak in water for at least 3 hours or overnight

Then I got a mk25 evo and s620 ti that I dived for 1 year and around 3 months and approx 150 dives

Now I just do a cursory rinse right after my last dive and then again a proper wash with hose when I'm home 2-3 hours later

Looked ok to me when I got it serviced 1.25 yrs/150 dives later

IMG-20201216-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20201216-WA0034.jpg

That a Hewescraft? I was talking to them back in 18 about building my current charter boat. They make a really nice product, I just couldn't justify the money for our short season.
Yep..... 2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro - 24ft with the offshore bracket. Honda 250 main and a 9.9 kicker.

Yep..... 2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro - 24ft with the offshore bracket. Honda 250 main and a 9.9 kicker.
Nice, I was looking at a custom 32 based on the ocean pro with outset twin 250s and an elevator.

Back
Top Bottom