Gear Dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd have to agree with others - take your time buying your equipment.

I took my time buying a regulator *especially*, for a number of reasons:

It's a piece of life support equipment, and really, you want a set of regs that are the best for your style of diving, which takes time to figure out. It's a big investment, even for those divers who earn a really good living. You should try out some different regs before you decide. They don't all fit in your mouth the same!

Personally, if you're looking at something like the wing-style seaquest bcd, I'd honestly suggest you take it a step further and look into a backplate-wing style system. It's far more versatile, smaller, less awkward when packing and unpacking, and is just as comfortable (The padded zeagle system being a prime example of comfort).

Going for a backplate-wing *is* the best choice, hands down.

Having never dove an apeks, I can't say anything about them personally, but I have heard a lot of the experienced divers like them, especially the technical divers.

Don't buy until you have dove several diferent types of set ups including BP/W this will save you money and time I bought 2 month ago and now rebuying about 85% due to found it wont fit my goals.:no

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom