Gear bags are completely unnecessary...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am very fond of dry bags, purchased at Marine chandelries. They are magic bags that can roll up to be large or small, they can shrink as I remove things or expand as needed. They can keep clothes dry on a wet boat or a wetsuit inside from making everything else wet, they will keep food or electronics or towels dry. On the dive boat when I change out of my clothes I throw them in a dry bag and toss that in my mesh dive bag where even if salt water drenches the gunnels under the seat my clothes remain dry. I also keep gear like my lavacore vest or gloves I’m not wearing dry. They are available in different colors or clear. For a reg bag I like a small padded cooler with a flip top, I think it’s for drinks. It keeps the reg/computer cool and just looks like it has cheap food in it. I guess I might be a target if somebody thinks it contains beer ;-)

I travel with an Osprey 30" gear hauler. It's sturdy and has plenty of room for my gear and other things I have to check, like toiletry kit. It has lots of pockets and is lockable and has internal and external compression straps. I was lucky to find mine on sale. Sprayed it down with Scotchguard inside and out to keep moisture from messing it up. I don't use a regulator bag, I use velcro straps to hold my hoses together and pad my reg with my wetsuit. Sometimes I take a mesh bag, depends on if I have to haul gear to the boat or the crew does it. Camp towels are fantastic, dry fast and take up very little room.

Back
Top Bottom