Gear bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerun3us

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am relatively new to diving and am slowly collecting all of my gear. I now have everything but a tank and am just curious what else i should get and put in for extra stuff. I have Wetsuit reg octo bcd, dive console fins mask snorkel and a knife. All the main big stuff that is needed for diving. I just dont know what else to include. Any suggestions? Thanks

save a dive kit... spare o rings, fin/mask straps etc etc.

Personally I kept all the old orings from my reg servicing and am slowly adding "spares" of my gear as I buy more and more used stuff off of craigslist.

Save a Dive kit definitely.
You can buy a premade one or slowly collect your own.
I opted to buy a premade one and then add to it; storing everything in a Pelican 1060 micro case.
And example of what to have in your kit:
- Orings
- Oring pick/multitool (you can jerry rig one or buy a multi tool)
_____*if you're uncomfortable taking apart your reg or hard gear for what ever reason then the multi tool is really useless. In any case I find most of the wrenches on them to have subpar fittings*
- fin strap (unless you go spring straps)
- mask strap (neoprene or standard)
- snorkel keeper (for snorkel or octo attachment)
- Knife Strap (if you go with leg attachment)
- (at least x2) zip ties
- Computer strap (in case your console connection breaks)

You may also think about getting a small backup dive light if you ever feel the need to poke around nooks and crannies.

I always take an extra regulator set w/hose and wrenches on trips out just in case I get a malfunction.

Save a dive kit, and an analog depth gauge has saved my butt before.

Peace,
Greg

If you are going to travel with your gear, buy a good travel bag. It doesn't have to be a scuba bag.

Also, get a mesh gear bag for boat diving or carrying your gear to the boat when traveling. REI sells a good one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom