gear bag recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin'dog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in the market for a gear bag that I can take to the islands. I want wheels to transport through the airport and security. I want durability and functionality. I don't need anything fancy but should be well designed. I also want it cheap ($75-$100).
I have been thinking about the Tusa Imprex Roller Duffel Bag:
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/TBTRD2.html#ReviewInfoTab
Does anyone have any experience with this bag? Any recommendations?

Thx for any advice.
Divin' Dog

Have it, and love it. My fins don't fit in the side 'fin pocket,' but it isn't a big deal. It's a solid, inexpensive bag. I really like the fact that it doesn't have any 'scuba' markings on it - better for travel. Big thumbs up from me.

I use a big 'ole rolling duffel that is general purpose and not intended for SCUBA. I've never had a problem using it as the gear drys in the 24 hours 'til I fly. I've found non-SCUBA intended items to be cheaper.

My 2 cents.
Paula

Paula is right on that non dive bag will be cheaper and work just as well. Plus, you dont really want a bag displaying dive logos. That is just a "come steal me" invitation.

I have this bag. It's perfect. As someone else noted, if you have big fins, they won't fit in the pocket.

It's perfect for vacation diving, as it's big enough to fit both my gear and enough shorts/t-shirts/underwear for a week. The top is cinchable, and everything seems very well thought out.

The wheels are heavy duty. The only complaint I have is that I wish the pull handle was lockable, because it's easy to push it back in when you are trying to maneuver a fully loaded bag.

Like everyone else, I love the fact that there are no dive flags on it.

The price of this bag is excellent. You would have a hard time finding a similarly sized 'non dive' bag with the same features at a lower price. And once more, there are no dive markings on this bag.

Paula is right on that non dive bag will be cheaper and work just as well. Plus, you dont really want a bag displaying dive logos. That is just a "come steal me" invitation.

Thanks to everyone who commented. I will probably end up getting this bag as it seems to be the best I can find for the money.

Logo's are my biggest complaint with Snowboard bags. I don't understand why Burton (and other brands) have to plaster their logo over their bags. I know a snowboard bag is pretty obvious what your carrying, but people are just attracted to Burton and I hear a lot of stories about people walking off with equipment.

I saw a car the other day that had a gigantic stick on the back "Alpine Stereo System". Hows that for an advertisement.

Back
Top Bottom