Gas Prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floridawannabe:
Is anyone like myself thinking of getting a motorcycle? The gas prices in Missouri are up to $2.77 a gallon and I know compared to most other places that is cheap. I told myself that if it gets up to $3.00 a gallon I am going to get one for commuting back and forth to work.

I'd sell my soul for $2.77...:11: Then again, I also remember complaining about gas prices when they were $2.35 last summer.

Doesn't the cost of our gas also have to do with the number of refineries and types of refineries in the US? I think there's different kinds of gas with different minerals, but I don't even pretend to understand the problem. Any info?:coffee:

ScubaBabe22:
Doesn't the cost of our gas also have to do with the number of refineries and types of refineries in the US? I think there's different kinds of gas with different minerals, but I don't even pretend to understand the problem. Any info?:coffee:

The price is more related to the regulations (or lack there of) imposed on the companies which are essentially allowed to set their own prices. Countries like venezuela and iraq benefit from lower prices because the oil company there is state controlled. Over here- like all else- our oil companies are private enterprises. Both have different priorities.

Alot of reasons have been placed on it though. You could say it's based on how many refineries we have: but we import everything else why should this matter? Or that the "situation" in the middle east is causing the price to rise: product from that part of the world is exported mostly to china and other nations, NOT the US. Or the price of crude product barrels going up: which means profit should go up in direct proportion to crude price, which it definitely doesn't.

You could call me a "conspiracy theorist" but that's what it is. All I'm saying is: damn should've bought some stock in oil companies 8 years ago!

I went by a gas station a week or two ago that had gone out of business, but their sign still said $1.77/gallon. Instinct had me almost turning around for it before I realized it was closed.

makes you wonder if they did that on purpose.. :D

mike_s:
I went by a gas station a week or two ago that had gone out of business, but their sign still said $1.77/gallon. Instinct had me almost turning around for it before I realized it was closed.

Were there tire spikes at the entrances? Now that would be getting the last laugh.

mike_s:

We have one on the outside of town that still reads $.89......ahhhh the good old days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom