Gas Prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floridawannabe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is anyone like myself thinking of getting a motorcycle? The gas prices in Missouri are up to $2.77 a gallon and I know compared to most other places that is cheap. I told myself that if it gets up to $3.00 a gallon I am going to get one for commuting back and forth to work.

Floridawannabe:
I told myself that if it gets up to $3.00 a gallon I am going to get one for commuting back and forth to work.

I WISH I was only paying $3/gallon. I filled up last night with Super (my car requires it) at $3.31, with Regular at $3.11. And that's Costco prices.

I do plan on getting a motorcycle (in fact I was just the winning buyer of one on eBay as of a few hours ago) but it's purely for fun. LA drivers are too unpredictable, and right now the weather's much too hot, to have to rely on a motorcycle as daily transportation. I certainly wouldn't want to be a motorcycle officer in this kind of weather :11:

3 bucks a gallon in northwest arkansas as of yesterday!!!!!!Good thing I only have to fill up once a week!!!

Just makes ya work harder on keeping that rig perfectly tuned for optimum gas efficiency. I've invested alot of time a few bucks along the road to keep my cherokee burning as little gas as possible.

MantaRey:
In venezuela regular unleaded costs $0.12 a gallon.

In Iraq it costs 5 cents per gallon.

Ironically, most of it is not Iraqi gas (or made with Iraqi oil). It's refined in neighboring countries like Kuwait, etc. The US Goverment purchases it there for over $1/gallon and then trucks it in convoys guarded by US troops into Iraq. So basically the US taxpayer has bene subsidizing the Iraqi gas... all while the price of oil hits $70/barrel and our gas hits $3/gallon.

makes you feel good huh?

Note... This AP story I read about this was almost 2 years ago. I'm sure that Iraq has some refining capacity now, but the problem then was the "insurgents" blowing up refinerys in Iraw then. I still doubt they are at normal capacity.

offroaddiver:
Just makes ya work harder on keeping that rig perfectly tuned for optimum gas efficiency. I've invested alot of time a few bucks along the road to keep my cherokee burning as little gas as possible.

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger and keep it tuned and change the Oxygen Sensor every other year. I make sure the oil is changed every 3000 to 4000 miles, but I only get 19 miles per gallon. A motor cycle I was looking at gets 50 miles per gallon, plus I hear the insurance is not that bad also.

Rondawg:
I do plan on getting a motorcycle (in fact I was just the winning buyer of one on eBay as of a few hours ago) but it's purely for fun. LA drivers are too unpredictable, and right now the weather's much too hot, to have to rely on a motorcycle as daily transportation.
I was reminded of this same thing by some friends two people that I or a family member knows died in a motorcycle accident. I mention to them, how many people this year have been killed in auto accidents? I agree with the heat, it is 97 degrees here today but might be cooling off for 4th of July. I just wish it would go back to filling up for $30 but that is not going to happen so I am looking for an alternative way to save money in gas. I have a soccer mom as a wife and she usually spends about $300 a month in gas. Going from the store to other kids activities. I have to usually fill up every two weeks.

We haven't been $3.00 or under in over a year. We are down to $3.23 (for the cheap stuff though). Prices are sure to go up during the main summer months though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom