Garmin MK3i reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AgentKooper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well, at least one person has been able to play around with the Garmin Mk3i. This is the first hands-on review I've seen:

That screen looks beautiful, and his battery life sounds great too.

Would love to hear other impressions too -- post your review here if you've received one yet.

It's not a hands-on review, but this is a good summary of the the differences between the Mk2i and Mk3i:

Well, at least one person has been able to play around with the Garmin Mk3i. This is the first hands-on review I've seen:
One point he made was incorrect, though I guess understandable.
Surface GF was absolutely available in the MK2 series. It wasn't advertised ahead of time, but I noticed it fairly early on when I got my MK2s. I was just playing with the different screens and data fields and found Surf GF. I didn't really see it in any official Garmin documentation at the time, but it was definitely available.

Pretty cool, though. Watch looks real nice and definitely has a lot of features unavailable anywhere else.

One point he made was incorrect, though I guess understandable.
Surface GF was absolutely available in the MK2 series. It wasn't advertised ahead of time, but I noticed it fairly early on when I got my MK2s. I was just playing with the different screens and data fields and found Surf GF. I didn't really see it in any official Garmin documentation at the time, but it was definitely available.

Pretty cool, though. Watch looks real nice and definitely has a lot of features unavailable anywhere else.
Yeah, he addressed that in the comment section of his review. Seems like perhaps the Mk2 didn't ship with Surface GF, but that was added shortly thereafter via an update?

Yeah, he addressed that in the comment section of his review. Seems like perhaps the Mk2 didn't ship with Surface GF, but that was added shortly thereafter via an update?
Gotcha. Didn't read the comments. I believe you are probably right. Most likely didn't ship with it. When I got mine, it went and updated right away. I didn't notice it immediately, but probably after about a month or so, I decided to customize the dive screens and found Surf GF. I was pretty excited as I use it on my Perdix. When diving both, never more than 1% delta.

Just got my shipping confirmation — mine should be here Friday. This came as a surprise, as Garmin told me last week that my estimated Dec. 20 shipping date had been pushed back to Jan. 12 due to inventory issues. Fingers crossed!

I would love one, but! And it's a big but, it 'costs an arm and a leg' here. AU $2,789 US$1,897 , I see it is $1,199.99 :daydream:, one c FFS $1,200 in the US, still expensive.
Weird how we can buy the Shearwater Teric for the same US to AU here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom