Garmin Mk2/3i - Learning Curve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver00002

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I finally achieved a goal of mine which is to own this fantastic device.

Now, I am wondering how did people go about learning their Mk Series? It's been a long time since a device felt foreign to me so at first glance this seems a little bit intimidating. What are some key things I must learn off the bat?

I printed the manual and had it made to a spiral notebook which fits nicely into my regulator bag, I like to read manuals and thought this would be a good idea until I become proficient with it.

Thank you ✌🏽🌊

Attachments

• PXL_20240817_160210173.jpg
    PXL_20240817_160210173.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 27
I don't find them helpful at all, so many have similar content b/c they are given the device. I only found one Tech guy diving in lake comparing a few different Garmin watches to be helpful when explaining all these different features when diving and the video was speeded up x3 I believe, he talked fast.

I suppose the only real answer is to read the manual and play with the watch.

First thing I would suggest is to make it simpler.

Out of the box, it comes with a ton of apps that you may or may not use. Shift those ones you likely won’t use down, or out of the favorites. That will clean things up a bit.

Then, take a few minutes to read about what each button does, and how to access certain things.

Finally, wear it. Yes, my MK2s was not quite as intuitive out of the box as my Shearwater, but after wearing it for a bit, it became much easier to navigate.

First thing I would suggest is to make it simpler.

Out of the box, it comes with a ton of apps that you may or may not use. Shift those ones you likely won’t use down, or out of the favorites. That will clean things up a bit.

Then, take a few minutes to read about hat each button does, and how to access certain things.

Finally, wear it. Yes, my MK2s was not quite as intuitive out of the box as my Shearwater, but after wearing it for a bit, it became much easier to navigate.
Thank you, this is the type of advice I was looking for.

I have the lower end G1 version and was baffled by it at first. I have learned more or less how to use it by messing with it over time. That's not the most efficient way to learn, but it works for me so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom