Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But then honestly, what other dive-related capabilities are there to add on top of what MK1 offered? Fitness/outdoor-wise you can probably find something, but I cannot think of anything justifying the price.

If you were after dive-related capabilities only, you probably wouldn't be looking at garmin in the first place.

OTOH the actual price tag on the more expensive Suuntos w/ transmitter here in US is not that much less than $1,800.

Crazy expensive...
But it only appears on page 107 of a fishing catalog in New Zealand, nowhere is US, europe.. ? + they are using blurred pictures of MK1, don;t you think they are trying to get pre-orders for something not out yet ?

upload_2020-8-14_10-12-1.png

Crazy expensive...
But it only appears on page 107 of a fishing catalog in New Zealand, nowhere is US, europe.. ? + they are using blurred pictures of MK1, don;t you think they are trying to get pre-orders for something not out yet ?
View attachment 604620
It appears in two places... Page 107 of the NZ fishing catalogue and on the Oz Spearfishing Shop site.

The latter I suspect they haven't yet been given a price by Garmin and the $9,999 is a placeholder as is the blurred picture from the Mk1. I think they want to get people to click the "Notify Me" button so that as soon as they have stock, they can let those people know and hope they buy from them rather than checking who else might have it.

They won't sell any of them at that price.

Latest gen of Garmin watches price matched launch of the previous gen. I could see it going up a few bucks due to AI integration but $2000? No way. At that point I'll keep my Mk1 and get a Perdix AI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom