Garage sale find - Scubapro MK2 First, 108 Second?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice find-great set of regulators.

Do I have a MK2 primary and 108 secondary?
Yes.
Are there any special tools I need to service this set, or any other advice for restoring/servicing as a personal project? Thanks!
All the parts you need can be found at www.vintagedoublehose.com in the store section. The manuals can be downloaded from the same website from the Catalogs and Manuals section. No special tools other than perhaps a pin spanner to remove the cap.

The MK2 is pretty bullet proof. As with any first stage, take note of the IP at low pressure (300 psi) and high pressure (2475* for the yoke you have) before disassembling it. I'm going to go against "by the book" procedure here: If the IP is in spec don't remove and replace the seat unless there is actually an issue. Carefully disassemble the first stage, replace the filter**, clean all the components. Replace and lubricate the two piston o-rings (-008 on the piston stem, -022 for the head.) Put it back together and recheck the IP as before. No leaks? No IP creep? Congratulation, you have a typical MK2.

* There is a SP Bulletin that explains the thinner yoke is not to be used with a tank pressure of over 2475 but that's your call. Plenty of people have used that yoke on 3000psi tanks with no problems-but if you do it, it will explode and put a divot in the back of your head.

** If the first stage was rebuilt prior to being stored with the dust cap in place, my vote is to reuse the filter.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Edit: Here is a link you will find helpful-chock full of info on the 108 and how to service it.
Scubapro R108 High Performance -manual

It is an balanced second stage which works fine with the Mk2.
The 108/108HP are classic downstream unbalanced second stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom