Gangs on Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldenbear01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Dr Bill is in a gang???

heheh , except instead of leather jackets and Harleys, his gang wears holey wetsuits and drives golf carts
:D

It's not a problem, except for some tagging, so far.

Dr Bill is in a gang???
One of the few OG former Crips to successfully transition into marine biology.

The news story that apparently has been circulated widely (my sister read it in her paper in Michigan) is typical of some of the well-researched stories the media puts out. Are there gangs here on Catalina. Apparently there is one according to my housemate who has close ties in the Hispanic community (she is Costa Rican). Are they a threat to residents or visitors? Certainly not in my experience. However, as TC said, there has been tagging and that is a visual scar.

As for my involvement, I gave up my gang ties when my impoverished state didn't allow me to maintain my heroin habit. I wouldn't resort to theft and burglary, so I cleaned up my act and resumed my diving as a substitute addiction.

I was in Catalina this weekend and I joined Dr Bill's gang.....woohoo, wild times. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom