Gangs in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what? too much?

The cartels have essentially killed the tourism in Acapulco, looks like they're working on the Yucatan now.

Nothing is done to stop them because the government, military and police are part of it.

The cartels have essentially killed the tourism in Acapulco, looks like they're working on the Yucatan now.

Nothing is done to stop them because the government, military and police are part of it.
I wonder if they are fighting over customers in tourist areas, as in tourists that are customers.

Black folks shoot each other. While people get all hung up on the police issue, far more blacks kill other blacks.
That's very much beside the point. The police are in a position of power on the street and therefore must be held to a much higher standard.

I wonder if they are fighting over customers in tourist areas, as in tourists that are customers.
No clue. I mind my own business, and the last time I vacationed in tulum / cancun was close to 30 yrs ago. I did just day trip in June over there bc my wife wanted to snorkel with the whalesharks.

Anything outside of Cozumel just doesn't interest me as far as Mexico goes

In US their are 2,000 gang-related murders each year yet people visit the US.
If we subtracted the number of murders that amount to criminals killing criminals, then what would the number be in this nation of around 330 million people?

Also, to what extent are those murders concentrated into impoverished areas most people can readily avoid?

It won't be all, but it has a great bearing on how much of a threat people perceive.

People visiting the U.S. would be well-advised to pay some mind to what parts they visit. There are plenty of places here I don't want to be.

That's very much beside the point. The police are in a position of power on the street and therefore must be held to a much higher standard.

It’s not beside the point. People all over wring their hands endlessly over the police issue, but the only people I see getting upset about blacks shooting other blacks are the people in those specific communities. Plays out here on the news in Chicago daily.

And all those people who wanted to get rid of the police last summer? You don’t hear very much about that now with the increased crime rates.

Back
Top Bottom