Gangs in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The other issue, of course, is trying to determine whether media reports are factual in countries where there is a high level of corruption in local police/government.

And as already noted, the body count in North America does not deter the majority of visitors.

It’s not beside the point. People all over wring their hands endlessly over the police issue, but the only people I see getting upset about blacks shooting other blacks are the people in those specific communities. Plays out here on the news in Chicago daily.

And all those people who wanted to get rid of the police last summer? You don’t hear very much about that now with the increased crime rates.
It IS beside the point; they are totally unrelated. Police killing unarmed and helpless people no matter what their color is an atrocity and needs to stop. The relative number of people killing each other, again no matter what their color, is a non sequitur.

The police are an arm of the State (I do not mean Illinois) and are therefore required to treat people (once again, no matter what their color) with equanimity and restraint, not only for the sake of the people they encounter directly, but for the sake of those whom take exception to cases like what that arrogant bully of a cop did to George Floyd and for the sake of everyone else who gets caught up in the melee that follows.

No one wants to get rid of all the police; that's a straw man argument. Everyone should want the police to stop abusing their authority.

Sorry for the diversion; I've said my piece.

I find it amazing whenever I get pulled over or spoken to by a police officer, I do exactly what they ask me to and nothing has happened in 53 years.

I find it amazing whenever I get pulled over or spoken to by a police officer, I do exactly what they ask me to and nothing has happened in 53 years.
Good to hear that this problem does not seem to exist for good 'ol white boys from Texas. I can't believe that I'm telling anyone this in 2021. Your statement is a non sequitur.

Good to hear that this problem does not seem to exist for good 'ol white boys from Texas. I can't believe that I'm telling anyone this in 2021. Your statement is a non sequitur.

I think we all experience things differently.

Makes me glad that almost all of my diving is in Palm Beach County where it's safe.

Bahahaha. Yes. I work for the courts. PBC has a lot of issues…

It IS beside the point; they are totally unrelated. Police killing unarmed and helpless people no matter what their color is an atrocity and needs to stop. The relative number of people killing each other, again no matter what their color, is a non sequitur.

The police are an arm of the State (I do not mean Illinois) and are therefore required to treat people (once again, no matter what their color) with equanimity and restraint, not only for the sake of the people they encounter directly, but for the sake of those whom take exception to cases like what that arrogant bully of a cop did to George Floyd and for the sake of everyone else who gets caught up in the melee that follows.

No one wants to get rid of all the police; that's a straw man argument. Everyone should want the police to stop abusing their authority.

Sorry for the diversion; I've said my piece.
Thank you. I agree.

Amazing, indeed.

How many times have you been pulled over and spoken to, and what have the police asked you to do?

Back
Top Bottom