Galileo Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am really glad they are going forward with this. I would bet the upgrade will be available for Terra owners. :clapping:

Anyone actually heard a price for the Luna?

So.. Spring has sprung and no Trimix for us Galileo owners yet that anyone has seen?

The Scubapro Calalogs are in store and show the Galileo with "Tri-mix upgrade available Spring 2010 free of charge" ?

anyone know exactly when?

I'm about to drop cash into a Shearwater, but if the uwatec can do trimix, i might hold off!

So.. Spring has sprung and no Trimix for us Galileo owners yet that anyone has seen?

The Scubapro Calalogs are in store and show the Galileo with "Tri-mix upgrade available Spring 2010 free of charge" ?

anyone know exactly when?

I'm about to drop cash into a Shearwater, but if the uwatec can do trimix, i might hold off!

Why not sell the Galileo and get the Shearwater. At lest the Shearwater is a vetted computer for mixed gas diving.

I have also been eye balling the shearwater with this thought in mind but I really love the Galileo's electronic compass. Has any one used the Galileo without straps clipped-off on BCD? UWATEC offers a part to facilitate the connection...

I have a loaner Shearwater Predator from the US distributor that I'm trying out and I must say its a really impressive piece of gear!

It has bluetooth for uploading and does full trimix for both CC and OC.. and you add and remove gasses on the fly and the new color OLED screen is freegin amazing!

NO lockouts and very modular in terms of upgrades and with built-in fisher connector it can fully drive most CC solenoids and realtime PO2 monitoring!

the really neat features is that on OC mode, it in realtime shows you current PO2 levels of current gas plus your current CNS exposure! Oh and the completely custom gradient factor is not just in a few levels 1-5 but completely custom!

and at the price its significantly cheaper than what you pay for a SOL at MSRP !

I'm thinking of just buying one and using the SOL as a backup since it has integrated Air, compass and soon full trimix (albeit 'soon' in scubapro terms is relative though)

I have a loaner Shearwater Predator from the US distributor that I'm trying out and I must say its a really impressive piece of gear!

It has bluetooth for uploading and does full trimix for both CC and OC.. and you add and remove gasses on the fly and the new color OLED screen is freegin amazing!

NO lockouts and very modular in terms of upgrades and with built-in fisher connector it can fully drive most CC solenoids and realtime PO2 monitoring!

the really neat features is that on OC mode, it in realtime shows you current PO2 levels of current gas plus your current CNS exposure! Oh and the completely custom gradient factor is not just in a few levels 1-5 but completely custom!

and at the price its significantly cheaper than what you pay for a SOL at MSRP !

I'm thinking of just buying one and using the SOL as a backup since it has integrated Air, compass and soon full trimix (albeit 'soon' in scubapro terms is relative though)

The unit with the fisher connection is significantly more expensive. I believe I will go the less expensive route (OC model) with CCR aspirations not so near...

I just got this back from Scubapro after asking them when they expect the Trimix upgrade, as I am about to invest in competing products, it would be good to stick with scubapro if they can tell me "when"..

so, this is what i got: "Thank you for choosing SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment.
UWATEC is working on a TRI_MIX upgrade but no dates are available. The Galileo Sol are not equipped with TRI-MIX at this time.
"

I guess this is the politically correct answer.. But bizarre that the catalog says spring 2010 but the actual scubapro representative says "we dont know"..

Well, they've been saying "Trimix coming soon" since 2008 when the SOL launched..

I guess we are all SOL :wink:

Back
Top Bottom