Galileo Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of my dives are in visibility of 2 meter with a max of 5 meter, algea is our problem.
In fact we trained people to deal with that visibility, and none of them wear a divecomputer we teach them to make a diveplan and they use a bottumtimer or a watch.
Those who own a computer never complained about the readings even in visibility of less then a meter, i personally own a sol and i can tell you that there never was a time i couldnt read it.
Those who will say they cant read the sol can better go to an optician

Hey TX Torpedo!! Your profile says you have a rating of Discover Scuba Diver? Will you have an instructor with you? Make sure you stay above 40 ft!! If you are ever in Houston look me up!! We can compare computers as I would love to try yours out. In return I can do two dives with you and get you up to the PADI Scuba Diver Certification!!

With Spring 2012 just around the corner, what will the product catalog say this year, or will it be another year of diving tables/beta software testing?

Hey TX Torpedo!! Your profile says you have a rating of Discover Scuba Diver? Will you have an instructor with you? Make sure you stay above 40 ft!! If you are ever in Houston look me up!! We can compare computers as I would love to try yours out. In return I can do two dives with you and get you up to the PADI Scuba Diver Certification!!

LOL.. Sounds like a fair deal! :wink:

Reactions: Jax
Hey, +1 on the defog on the back side of the Sol face screen plate.

Also, I'm thinking I'll put the Zagg screen protector on the face screen plate, when I get a new one.

Anyone hear any skinny on this year's Trimix "promise"? :wink:

Uh, this makes for crappy reading. I've just had a look at the most recent ScubaPro Equipment Selection Guide for SA from the end of 2011 and the blurb on the Galileos doesn't even mention Trimix as a possible future upgrade option anymore. I don't know whether that carries any significance.
Scubapro's inability to deliver on the Trimix promise, means that I got a really good deal on a barely used Sol. I'll enjoy it as a kick-ass recreational computer; if by the time I get my Trimix qualification, they've moved beyond vague promises and Beta versions, that'll be a bonus. I would, however, be seriously pissed had I bought it when SP first started making Trimix promises with an expectation of being able to use it on Trimix.

Reactions: Jax
I was just as happy with the Smart TEC, but got a good deal on the used Sol, so the pair make a good set for diving.

However, empty promises do wear one down. Definitely think I will change brands when I get off the jack for Trimix.

Trimix upgrade is in the Firmware 1.7 Update

Disclaimer. I do not know / have not validated the veracity of this rumor. I am not Trimix trained so I obviously have no platform from which to speak. I make neither promise nor guarantee of the aforementioned update. I have not and do not claim to have operated any update. Users read and proceed at their own risk and responsibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom