Galileo Sol - questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey "splash-x" you reading this? So much for my negative opinions eh? LOOKS like other people agree with me Just like I said..YOU CANT OVERWRITE THE DIVES and the software for the MAC SUCKS...DUHH!

This will be my last post to address you, the question was not if the software for the "MAC SUCKS".

The question was does it work. YES, it does work.

Does it work as good as the Windows based software? NO

Have you tried using VMWare Fusion or Parallels to get Windows running in a virtual machine to use the Windows based software? Have you tried using bootcamp to dual boot? "as a 30 year MAC user ...." I would think think you would be well versed in how to get Windows software to run on a Mac.

This will be my last post to address you, the question was not if the software for the "MAC SUCKS".

The question was does it work. YES, it does work.

Ok. I have sort of a related question on the MAC/PC front.

I am considering buying a Mac and I now have my log on a PC. Will I be able to transfer my data to the software on a Mac?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's possible at all you will lose a load of information. The Mac software doesn't seem to track all of the stuff that the Windows version does. If I get time I will try it tonight.

Jbb,

The Smart Trak software stores your logs in a ODBC database that appears to be a Microsoft Access database. When you have one of your logs open it creates the standard Access Locking File. If you try to open your log file in Microsoft Access it asks for the password so I'm sure it is an MS Access database with a password on it.

You can export your Dive Logs from Smart Trak but I don't know if JTrak can import them. There are several formats including Excel, Plain Text and a couple other formats.

On the JTrak side Matt may be able to tell you what file format the logs are in and if JTrak can import data.

When switching from Smart Trak to JTrak your software will download all of the dives that are on your computers memory so you will most likely be bringing in dives that you already have saved in Smart Trak minus any additional information you may have put in Smart Trak.

I've done a bit more searching and some software called CrossOver Mac may be able to support what you're looking for.

Windows Applications Seamlessly Integrated on Mac OS X - CrossOver Mac - CodeWeavers

The supported software includes Microsoft Office (for your ODBC Support) so it may be possible to use it to run Smart Trak.

I'll see if I can borrow a Mac this weekend and give some of these approaches (VM Ware, Parallels, and Crossover Mac) a try.

So, i`ve bought from a friend his computer and now i have few questions.

1: How do i change owner name?
With SmartTrak

2: How do i change owner info?
With SmartTrak

3: How do i reset divelog and factory settings ?
You can't. It's a circular buffer. The oldest dives will fall off as you add new dives.

4: Is there a way to make the Light more blueish?
No, but you can change the contrast.

Cool...i have both Mac and Vista. Restore factory settings is not deleting the Dive Log :((

So if you have a Mac with Vista installed there should be no problem running the Smartrack dive log software and transfering my present PC dive log onto the Mac with the full functionality as if it were running on a PC?

Jbb,

MisaC was referring to having restored the "Factory Settings" on the dive computer using the menu and not having moved from Vista to Mac or Mac to Vista

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom