Galileo Sol - questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jtrak is NOT the issue. Getting a program for the IR dongle to work on the mac IS the problem.!! Either way, you can never, ever erase the logged dives from the SOL. It's burned into the firmware so that if there is ever an issue with a diver getting bent, they will have a permanment record of ALL the logged dives.!!

Not to sound rude but, why would JTrak be made if "it doesn't work"?

Either you're doing something wrong or you've got the wrong hardware. It works, people here on this forum have used it (do a search).

This is turning from a helpful discussion about the Sol to a trolling session.

Really? A Troll? Because I disagree with your assumptions and my experience is different then yours? 1.) UWATEC is in the process of taking Jtrak and the dongle software off their sites. 2.) A Call to their service dept. confirms that THEY DONT SUPPORT MAC's and are never going to again. Call them yourself if you don't believe me. 3.) and don't you think that as a 30 year MAC user that... A. I know what I'm doing and that... B. I would like it to work???? [ section deleted by almitywife]

Last edited by a moderator:
Misac, PM me if you have any questions. This thread is turning in to a debate when it doesn't need to be one.

@promocop - I never questioned what a long time Mac user you are. I'm simply observing that you have nothing but negative things to say in this thread.

JTrak is not made by Uwatec, of course they don't support it. JTrak is cross-OS port of the Uwatec software by a German company.

Manufacturers site:
JTrak

or perhaps you need information from Apple because you only trust them

Apple - Downloads - Home & Learning - JTrak

Regardless of where you get it don't expect Uwatec to officaly support it. It is not their software.

Which adapters are required?

JTrak supports following USB to IrDA adapters for your Macintosh:

A list of tested adapters:

by Extended Systems: XTNDAccess IrDA USB (ESI-9685)(VendorID: 0x8e9; ProductID: 0x100)
by KC-Technology, Inc.. KC-180 USB IrDAdevice (VendorID: 0x50F; ProductID: 0x180)
UWATEC-Lipstick (golden Edition) SigmaTel, Inc. (VendorID:0x066f ProduktID: 0x4210)

more adapters:

by ACTiSYS Corp.: ACT-IR2000U FIR-USB Adapter (VendorID: 0x9c4; ProductID: 0x011)
by IBM Corp.: IBM UltraPort IrDA (VendorID: 0x4428; ProductID: 0x012)

If they don't support it,then why do they offer it on their site??? That is tacid approval of their acceptance, and as I said and according to them, they are removing it. As for me 'having nothing but negative things say" sorry but as I understand it this board is for an exchange of ideas and thoughts. I own a SOL and love it that doesnt mean that I have to fall lock step with every positive experience that people have with this product. If you cant stand hearing contrarian views on issues..TOOOOOOBBBBAAAAAAAAAADDDD:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom