Galileo Sol: MB Levels & breasthing Sensitivity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaverickNH

Contributor
Reaction score
Some questions about the Galileo Sol, which might have been hashed over previously, but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for as far as answers:

1. Microbubble Level L0-L5: Which to use based on what criteria? I might guess this depends on the type of diving expected (depth, time, repetitive, gas, etc), diver risk factors (age, fitness, ailments, etc), risk adversity, prior DCS experience (none, minor, moderate, ...). In my case, I could be classed a rec diver, doing depths to 130ft, repetitive dives per day & multi-day, air & nitrox, mid-50s, very fit, no ailments, no DCS, but not enough diving yet to know if I am less/more sensitive to onset of early DCS symptoms. If there are good FAQ on the topic, I'd appreciate links.

2. Breathing Sensitivity: The workload calculation includes a slider for 25 steps of sensitivity to breathing in the algorithm. Those that feel the Heart Rate feature is just BS need not comment, as I've read those comments already. I'm just wondering how one might make an informed decision on how to set this feature. I would think UWATEC might have provided more information on this feature, but it's not in the manual. Perhaps it's buried in some technical discussion on the algorithm?

I have my MB levels set to mid way but the breathing set to minimum.
It does not effect how it calculates the gass planning but it does stop the alarm going of.

I've set my MB level to 2 that way I get some level stops. The workload sensitivity if totally turned off it behaves like the Aladin computer according to the manual. Empirically I've set mine half way between min and mid-value.

Back
Top Bottom