Galileo Luna or Liquivision Lynx?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a Luna and really like it. Amazing battery life--100 dives and counting, and an easy user-changeable battery. Runs a standard algorithm (Buhlman Z-8). The big display is very legible in all but the darkest conditions, especially in "big number" mode. Can be upgraded to multi gas nitrox and even trimix if you want. Crappy strap, but the case is easily adaptable for bungee mounting. The air integration works very well, no problems at all.

Have heard lots of issues with the Lynx especially battery life.

If you want a liquivision, wait a bit for the Omnix as Richard suggests. This might be an improvement over the Lynx, but we will see.

If you need a computer right now, and cannot wait, I would go with the Luna. If you can get by with your computer for a few months, wait to see if you like the Omnix.

I agree with you. In the Galileo even though the display is dot matrix, for night diving I set the display to the Light (big number) mode and leave the backlight on for the duration of the dive. Then the display is quite readable.

Also I like the way the Galileo implements its conservative setting. I set mine to MB level 2. This way I get an optional extra deco stop (called Level Stop), which I can complete for extra safety or skip without penalty.

Also the deep stop implementation in the Galileo (PDIS) is nice as the depth of the deep stop gives you an indication of depth when you're offgassing. The deep stops are also optional and result in no penalty if skipped.

Thanks for all the replies :)

LiquiVision is coming out with a new computer, the Omnix

Looks very interesting specially the recharging capability and the Bluetooth.

Uwatec's proprietary ZH-L8 ADT MB decompression algorithm is hardly a "standard" algorithm. This is not like diving Buhlman ZHL-16C with GF. the Lynx runs the latter, but with only 3 preset GF sets, 100/100, 30/85, and 30/75, I would not choose any of these and would want full control of GF lo and hi choice

Is the Galileo on the conservative side? Although I will probably get low on air before hitting NDL but I'd like to get a liberal computer, is Luna considered to be liberal?

I just knew that Lynx doesn't have alarm sound, is it true? does it really make a difference?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom